Sign in to follow this  

FLY and MS FS2002

I have now FS2002 and I would like to know if FLY offers anythingthat I don't get in FS2002? Can it complement FS2002? If so what?Or is there any clear disadvantages with FLY compared to FS2002?I have the latest version of FLY in mind but I don't know which thatis. FLY II or FLY 2k ?

Hi FLY II or FLY 2k ? Fly 2... Yes it offers great scenery (that you have to do yourself), wonderful aircraft with very precise flight models... It offers great support (here on this forum). For me Fly is a big family where everyone gives what he can to the community. In exemple, I do repaints when I have time, Giorgio does planes, Randall, gives us precise runway and approach date, Todd Klaus made Terrascene, Allen Kriesman terramodels, and the list goes on forever... No I do admit that It requires fine tuning in the beginning, and some maintenance once in a while, once you get the hang of it it's great. Can't compare with FS2002 (and don't want to compare) since I don't own it.It requires a relatively performing computer...Now it's your choiceCheers

You can dig deeper and read some archived threads - this subject has been treated here at least 10 times.FLY scenery looks best from higher altitude (say above 20,000 ft) since it still uses fairly low ground resolution. Its airports are fairly primitive comparing to the FS world. With Terrascene you can get fairly exact geographical scenery but you have to do it yourself and it consumes vast amounts of disk space. Also FLY has exact panel-layout (scrolling cockpits) and better modeled systems though there are some holes.There are some here that still argue (me included) that FLY2k was actually a better product than the latest FLYII. But you may have a real hard time finding it anywhere.Michael J.

>Yes it offers great scenery (that you have to do yourself), >wonderful aircraft with very precise flight models... ****snipped****>Can't compare with FS2002 (and don't want to compare) since >I don't own it. >It requires a relatively performing computer... >Now it's your choice I must say that when it comes to flight modeling, RealAir Simulations has outdone their past efforts, with the Marchetti SF260..... even in the enviroment of FS2002. Sounds and flight dynamics of spins, slips, and sense of yaw are incredible and exceed (IMO) those of the Citabria/Decathelon for FLYII with room to spare. The virtual cockpit also adds much more to a realistic simulated experience.Sometimes..... it's worth it to compare, because you're missing a lot if you don't. Once again, my opinion.L.Adamson

I say get both FLY II, and MSFS2002 and do not compare. Just enjoy each for thier own strengths. Both are a joy to use. Have fun flying both.