Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

Manoeuvering in FLY! II

Hi I'm very new to FLY! II, but have played FS 2000 and before alot. It's a new experience to sit in the cockpit and have to manoeuver around the cockpit with a mouse. With a stick, a throttle and a keyboard, I wish I had five hands. I's there a way to see all the cockpit (forward view) without having to use the mouse, or does anyone have some inside tips to make this operation easier, using the mouse stick on the HOTAS. I am very greatfull to every little tip, or even a little pitty for a newbie in the FLY! II community....Sincerely!kmeliasAMB Duron 2000+, 512 MB RAM, Asus 8420 128 MB, XP, 80 GB HD, Saitek X 45 HOTAS

Hi kmeliasfirst, welcome to the Fly community!Well, in the beginning it might be a bit "unusual" to scroll around the cockpit. But it definately has its advantage, and I am sure you`llget used to it quickly like many of us did.Sorry, you can`t see all the cockpit at once, because they are too complex and fully functional. But one thing that definately helps me, is to asign different cockpit- or even outside views to the keys F1-F6. Then when you hit F1 throgh F6 you will have a different view immediately. Of course you can programm your joystick buttons to yourliking as well. Hope this helps a bit, and enjoy Fly!ing.Cheers :-beerchug Rodger

Maybe that'l doThanks alot, I will try it this weekend when I have time..Cheers

One useful tip: hold shift and click an instrument - it opens in a small window. I like to keep the artificial horizon on the screen when I look for that damn pressurization button!Best regards!Pascal

ok, sorry but the keys should be F1-F8, not F6!Good luck,Rodger

Hi and welcome to our Family :-waveMy name is Steve,what I have done is turned the mouse scrolling off.If you click on options and then cockpit, uncheck the mouse scrolling option. Then if you want to move around the cockpit click the arrow up button that you if you want a capital letter and then one of the arrow direction keys. This helps me so I have one hand on the joystick and the other to move around the cockpit. Then if I knock that pesky mouse Im not looking at my feet....All the bestStevie :-bat

I have never heard the shift key described this way... :(

Kmelias,I use the Mouse scroller on my X36F and it works great. I believe that I assigned it a cockpit scroll function in the keyboard assignents but I will double check my settings tonight and add my findings then.RegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

If you assign the aforementioned F1-F8 hotkeys, then undock needed instruments to see while in other views the system works well.When you are ready to try a great utility, I highly recommend Allen Kriesman's Flystart program (there is also a flystart.dll that has other capabilities). Among other things, this utility will allow you to save the 8 hotkey camera views for each aircraft. You use it to choose a number of starting parameters, including the aircraft you will be flying - when you do this, you can choose to automatically load your chosen hotkey views for that aircraft before Fly!II starts.

Randall Rocke

Guest Dean

what resolution are you running at? Setting it to 1024x768 should put most of the important stuff on your screen where you can see it without scrolling. you can then set your function keys to the few other views you'll need as others suggest.