Sign in to follow this  
Guest nycflyer

Help: C3DModel -- Can't open "B002.SMF"

Everytime I start in Boston, I get the following error about 10% of the way through the Fly!2 Startup screen...----------------------------------------------------------------Msg: C3DModel::load - Can't open : B002.SMFFile: SMODEL.CPP line 3701Time: Sat Sep 21 12:33:18 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)----------------------------------------------------------------I have removed every file from my scenery and data folders that relate to Boston or the area around Boston. I've also tried to "roll back" as many scenery add-ons I have since the last time I flew around Boston -- the problem is I think its been months since flying there. And I've added literally dozens of TerraModels add-ons, some of which had DEX files and thus modified my core AIRPORT, ILS, RUNWAY, etc. files.Does anyone know in what POD file the "B002.SMF" file exists? Or what might be causing this error?-DK---David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I have attached an image of the error and also my Scenery/Shared directory in the hopes that someone will recognize a file that is causing this error in Boston.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v29.42, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

David,I'm not sure this will work, but may be hold the control key down and go into file manager. Pressing S and Searching on * may be you will find what POD is calling for that SMF.I hope this helps.

David,This probably won't help but I had a similar error message that plagued me for months, the same format as yours except you could replace "B002.SMF" with "DSTP7240.SMF". In my case this was related to terramodel scenery I had created for the downtown St.Paul airport and later deleted. You probably won't find B002.SMF anywhere because it probably no longer exists. The file I finally found that appeared to look for my St.Paul airport was "TM_STP_B.S11" within a terrascene pod I'd created for the globe tile that would have contained the St. Paul airport. Once I removed it everything was back to normal. Don

Your tip helped. I went through the files in my DXXXYYY directories inside DATA and found the offending file... (attached). It turns out there is a reference inside Randy Sassman's Providence, RI scenery pack that include KPVD.So I have two questions:1 - What "shared" POD file had the B002.smf model in it that I must have had at one point but no longer have? Note the picture of my directory above.2 - In the event we can't figure that out, how do I revise the attached file so that it no longer references the offending SMF file (or two - I think there is a "night" reference in there too).Thanks to all for helping diagnose this. I was able to fly with Scott's BOSTON scenery last night for the first time - terrific!Regards.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

One quick note - According to the README in the Providence scenery pack, "you must have Dave's New York scenery, availible from avsim, installed prior to installing this program." I am using Scott's NY (the new one) scenery pack. I believe Scott has incorporated all of Ozzie Dave's models into his pack. I will compare Dave's models to Scott's new POD to check for the absense of the models, but probably won't have time to get to this til next week. So for now, this may be the culprit. More to come....-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest nycflyer

It's not one of Dave's models.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB