Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

ILS at KSLC Rwy 16R is slightly off. How do I fix it?

I noticed during any "autoland" approach with the B777 that the ILS was slightly off center on 16R. I tried again with the FlyHawk and Aurora and confirmed that the beacon projected just a bit to the right of the runway centerline at touchdown, and crossed the rwy about mid-point resulting the the plane coming across the runway from the right to the left. Below are a few pix to illustrate my point...How does one fix this?-DK---David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

David,This requires editing the database (editing the ILS.DBD info in the ILS.POD).Here's a thread where a similar question was asked that should give you a start: http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID19The basic Database Tutorial I mentioned in the thread is by Harold Kraft and is available in the File Library.It occurs to me that someone mentioned a long time ago that the ILS info at KSLC was off or missing for more than just one runway. I'd be happy to check out all the approaches this evening and make adjustments, if possible.

Randall Rocke

Guest DNelson

>>>It occurs to me that someone mentioned a long time ago that >the ILS info at KSLC was off or missing for more than just >one runway. I'd be happy to check out all the approaches >this evening and make adjustments, if possible.I vaguely remember that discussion too. I may have been a part of it. I'm going from memory (and my memory gets less reliable by the day), but I think the problem was that the DME did not seem to function correctly on the ILS 34R approach.Dan

I know my limits in terms of time. My wife already thinks I spend too much time on the sim and not enough time with her and my two children. She is probably right. If you can fix the approaches, I will be greatful and will integrate the updates into my environment. Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

David,I can't offer you any help with the ILS alignment, but I would like to know how you got the Altimeter undocked for those outside shots?Regards,Kennair.

That's what I remember with the original FLY data-base. It was a DME problem. Havn't ever checked it in FLYII.L.Adamson

DK,Alrighty then...Well, this is one of those worst-case scenarios in Fly!II where opposing approaches use the same frequency. This creates interference and usually knocks at least one if not both of the localizers out of alignment with the runway. The placement of the localizer transmitters is spot-on for both - it's the matched frequencies that have the approach a little out of line on 16R. If you think that's bad don't try the opposite end, 34L - It's totally off the runway to the left and doesn't bring you over the runway until you're near the opposite threshold! This is one of the issues we're hoping to eventually resolve in the Beta group.Runways 16L & 34R are also matched frequencies, so they are probably off too.This will take a little time, as what works for one airport to correct this will not always work for another. I'll play around with a number of settings and see if I can improve the situation.The DME situation simply requires that the localizer frequency be included in the DME database record for each approach. We found this was necessary when the DME was not collocated. Both sets of runways use a shared DME - a single DME is used for each set of approaches.

Randall Rocke

Hold the shift key and then click on any analog guage. This will work for any analog guage, but not digital ones.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.