Sign in to follow this  
Guest captbulldog

New London Quarter Tile Overwrites TM's at EGLL

I installed the new TerraScened UK (London Area) quarter tile. While the tile is terrific, I noticed the lack of buildings at EGLL. I have not installed the add-on EGLL that is in the library, but was used to default TRI buildings at EGLL (probably from "cities.pod"). Instead, there appears to be a big blank green square mid-field. Here are two shots (sorry I don't have a better one).Anyone else finding that models disappeared? Anyone experiencing the green square from nowhere?-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

David-I haven't got a green square at EGLL and I've flown this scenery 'lots', obviously in my original versions-I'll load the download that I took from Avsim and check again though.Do get Preston's EGLL scenery because it is very good. I'm just hoping he'll find time to 'look at it again' in light of the 'new surrounding scenery' as he kindly popped lots of small houses in the area around the airfield and they now look 'rather out of place' (He said he would look at this awhile back). Don't let that stop you getting it though-great airport buildings, and lots of Biber's 'models' including Concorde's!By the way just about to post my 'How to' on making this scenery-let's get lots more 'UK' to fly! I see Paul Brooks has been 'doing it as well' so it should be worth it soon.David Taylor

David- on second thoughts I do still get the original Fly!11 default scenery at EGLL (If I take Preston's 'EGLL'away). Don't know why your's is not still appearing.I just have my '255-170NE1.pod' and it's 'scf' file in a folder (255-170NE1) inside the Fly!11 scenery directory. Sometimes 'glitches' appear when the 'directory structure' is wrong on 'downloaded files' I've noticed.David Taylor

Do you have any other UK add-ons? Like Blackpool or Liverpool? I'm wondering if there's some conflict. I'll have to go diagnose this again when I have some time...-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest captbulldog

Hi GuysI found that green square to be there with a EGLL taxiway only add-on found in the library by Dave Roberts. I thought it was related to that add-on, so I made my own EGLL taxiways and it got rid of the green sqaure with new taxiways. Since you said you don't have EGLL add-on, I assume that the taxiway I see is from Roberts' file. So, download the EGLL add-on in the library and just install the taxiway files if you don't want the buildings (frankly I don't like them. The add-on is just a slide show for me). As for the disappearing default building, that should only happen if you install the big EGLL add-on, as it was wrote to get rid of the default building for the custom ones.

Guest captbulldog

I'm just hoping he'll find time to 'look at it again' Yes Sir. I have a few outside projects stacked up at work, but it shouldn't take very long to move a few groups of houses around I guess. The hard part is compling and figuring which scenery files I need to zip and ship :)

Thank you for the tip. I'm certain the problem must be in the taxiways as I have Dave's taxiways. I will replace them with the taxiways from the "big" EGLL add-on.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest captbulldog

Becareful what you download. There is one version of EGLL that doesn't work, I think it's 04.0222 (egll_0422.zip). If you download that you'll need the fix called egll_0423.zip but I recommend you just download egll_0424.zip since that one works.I will replace them with the taxiways from the "big" EGLL add-on.The only thing "big" about the EGLL add-on is that it's big at hogging fps :-roll

Guest captbulldog

>The only thing "big" about the EGLL add-on is that it's big >at hogging fps :-roll Dude. Shut up. Gimme a break :-roll

I know some nice people in white coats that can help you with your schizophrenia problem.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.