Sign in to follow this  

Some new pics of my Gateway Arch model from 3DS Max

Here are two pictures of my Gateway arch If you could email me I willsend it to you(Chris Catalano) Hope you enjoy it when you get it. Dan

ahhh yes!! :) Looks nice! And does it even have the little windows at the top too? :)Jason

No as I don't live in St Louis I didn't know there are windows at the top LOL. Dan

Well, if you're flying close enough to see the windows, you're probably doing something illegal. :-)

Randall Rocke

This looks AWESOME! Thanks for all the hard work! I really appreciate it! What happens next? THANKS AGAIN!Most SINCERELY,Chris

Hi Chris you are welcome it was not hard to make at all. As for what's next you will need to convert my 3DS file to .smf format to use it in Fly as I don't have a converter for my version of MaxIf you can't do this I might be able to get it converted for youso you can get it into FlyII with the editor. Dan

Where do people get "converters" from? How does one do a "conversion"?Thanks again!ChrisPS: If you wish to email me anything: Chris52@optonline.net

Hi Chris I see if I can get it converted to a .smf for you so you can install it with Terramodels. Dan

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dan:Can you save as S3D? If so, it can be imported with the build in Fly! II editor. Just hold down the CTRL key while you double-click on the Fly icon. It will bring up the editor. Go to the Shape Editor, then select import S3D and that should do it.Let me know if it's another format.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

10-4 it's just that I now have Max 5 ane tri's exporter is only forver 4 so in short I can't export it as a S3D file. Now I could send you the 3DS file and the texture and you could convert it (if you would like). Dan

Guest Fly II Pilot

Sure, go ahead. If it's backwards compatible with Version 3 then it'll work. I have the S3D plugins...Send the files over and I'll do it right now.aamigorena@cox.netAlejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thanks Just sent it to you and as far as I know yup the .3ds should be compatible with version 3 Oh and like I mentioned in the emailcould you send me back the .smf and the texture so I can make sure it's scaled correctly. Again thanks Dan

Guest Fly II Pilot

Check your e-mail...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thank you Alex for converting the arch! Now I have one little problemI can't seem to get it into FlyII useing podview( but Alex was able to) I could post the .pod file or email it to Chris and he could tryit but understand I have NOT tested it( I have not done much for Flyin about a year so it may be me that's a little rusty!. Dan