Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

How To: Creating a Vehicle from a Default 3D Model

Guest Fly II Pilot

Hi! I was able to modify the FUELTRUCK files to obtain a SHIP that I can use to record paths. I used the default ship included with Fly! II.I'm uploading the .zip file that contains a Microsoft Word file, as we speak. I don't have the .PDF creator installed yet, if somebody can convert it for me, it will be appreciated.Let me know if it works!EDIT: I think I found a "minor" problem. Although it works, it seems that somewhere in the changing of the SMF to the ACM I'm messing something up, because I'm getting a "double" ship. Got to take a look at what the file structure means.SOLVED: For some reason (maybe Rich can explain), the SMF calls for two sides for the H-SHIP model, OPAQUE and OPAQUEL. By eliminating the call for the second side (everything from OPAQUEL and below) and by changing the number of parts from 2 to 1 (the third line in the .ACM file), the problem was solved.Hope it makes sense, if it doesn't let me know.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Javier

That's Great news!! Does that means you can change the Fuel Truck and replace it with a Push Back Truck or other service vehicles?I haven't downloaded your document, I will soon, hope is not too dificult to change the models.Good work!Javier.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Javier:Although I haven't tried the Tow Truck, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work, as long as you have an .SMFI just checked but couldn't find the document in the file library. Last night I got the confirmation that Avsim had received it so it shouldn't take much longer.The process is really simple. Chris Wallace just gave me some very good information regarding the file structure and the problem I was having. The problem was that the .SMF has a provision for a high and a low detail model within the same file, while the .ACM doesn't because the high and low model switching is handled by the .LOD file. So both models were being displayed at the same time. Right now there's only one model, the high-detail model but by editing also the .LOD file, a medium and the original low-detail model can be used. I will add this to the tutorial later.Hope it helps.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Fly II Pilot

Hi!Sorry if you already started working on this but...I just learned from Rich that an .ACM is not needed for paths. All you've got to do is go to the SCENERYB.S00 in the Data folder and replace the call for the .ACM file with the .SMF file for the model you want to use.So, you can record the path using the fueltruck, for example, and then replace it with the default ship or another truck or a yacht, or whatever else you want. If you use the ship, for example, you'd have to do everything that Javier mentions in his tutorial and replace where it says FUELTRUCK.ACM with H-SHIP.SMF, that's all it takes.Much easier than converting the .ACM to the .SMF, isn't it? I wish I had asked before... ;-)Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB