Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

Feedback from Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS owners...

Guest SoarPics

Since my Saitek X36 committed suicide a couple of nights ago I'm in the market for a new system. I had some time to further study the Cougar last evening, and thought I would seek the opinions of users of this new system and FS2K2.Specifically, I'm interested in the following:1) Is it worth the price of admission?2) Your experiences with interfacing the Cougar and FS2K2?3) What rudder pedals, if any, are you using with the Cougar and this sim?Thanks in advance for all your input.Regards,

I have an F22Pro and TQS with digital upgrades with a set of Elite pedals from Thrustmaster. No questions asked, the system was worth every penny. And... according to all the reviews (both formal and from the many users I read about on the various forums I visit), the new Cougar is an order of magnitude better than the old F22Pro. So, I'd definitely consider a purchase.The programming interface has been tweaked to new levels of ease and flexibility. There will be no trouble making FS2002 interface with the Cougar -- you will be amazed at what you will be able to do.

Guest tcable

I've got one, and it is incredible :) That's before you get into the programming and functionality as well.I'd go for it since it is likey the last joystick setup that you'll ever buy!Tim

Guest Iain Spowart

Greg,If you haven't read it already, check out the review at Tom's Hardware (especially the bit in the conclusion that mentions the forthcoming 3-axis foot pedals!) - http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/02q2/020430/index.htmlAs an ex-Saitek user myself it's the joystick I'd most love to have - if I could afford it!Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Claymores 2002Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.com/media/avsim/2002-s.jpghttp://ClaymoresCheerleaders.com

Guest SoarPics

Thanks for the input, guys.Yes, Iain, I indeed read the article from Tom's. Can only wonder when the rudder pedals will become available.I find it interesting that Ron Hunt is moving away from the Saitek HOTAS series (sounds like he's given up on Saitek, at least for the time being). He picked up one of the Cougars.All opinions are greatly sppreciated.Regards,