Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colins2

Return to Fly2

As I do every now and then, I fired up Fly2 last night for a flight in the Sahara from LAX to SNA. The Sahara/Malibu is certainly a thoroughbred and pleasant to fly although you certainly have to keep on top of her. I find the pitch quite sensitive and difficult to attain/maintain level flight although I believe this is realistic. I find the ADI is a bit small as well which doesn't help.Had one problem, during run up cutting one of the magnetos seems to cause the engine to cut out. Does anyone know if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong? I thought I'd supply a list of the critical issues that prevent me from using Fly more;1) coastline problems. A couple of times I have gone through the startup proceedure for the 757 at NZAA and attempted to taxi for takeoff and have found myself 'in the drink'. Very frustrating!! Are there any fixes planned or existing.2) absense of many navaids (sounds like ROTW is fixing this)3) winrun.cpp errors4) weather, I really hate it how you can't either manually set individual weather at different waypoints without it populating to the others. Less important, I'd love to be able to load multiple metars from different centres at once for real world weather.5) printed flight plans do not show headings distances from waypoint to waypoint. Also some headings on the screen nav log to explain the entries would be easier than looking in the manual6) guides with full checklists for each aircraft and explanations of the subsystems. E.g. with Malibu couldn't see anything in manual about A/P and using GPS lock and other fine points, had to work it out for myself. Are these on the web somewhere?7) no AI aircraft at all despite having these maximised in optionsCould people advise if any fixes for the above issues are being made or already exist?Many thanksBevanNZKK

Guest Eagle

What version are you running?

Guest dajackman

A few comments from me....Question 1 above: I think SFO has this problem also, I thought there was a fix for it.2) I haven't found many navaids missing. I use real and current sectional charts and find fly to be on the money. 99% of the freqs even are correct.3) Yea, these can be a real pain. Best solution is to check here, if no fix found, delete and re-install. I think we all have been bitten by this one.4) There are a couple of good metar utils in the file library here. They may help a little.5) I have never printed a flight plan in fly. Can't say much about that....6) Same problem here. Check the file library. There are a few check lists in word format. Some better than others.7) For some reason I found it takes awhile for the AI aircraft to show up. I keep them turned off anyway, slows my system down...Fly!2 is not perfect, I think the good points far out do the bad. There is another patch (I think) in the making. I'm not sure how many things above it will fix. Maybe someone else can comment on that. Just my 2 cents worth....

Latest version i.e. all patches applied.BevanNZKK

Don't forget to check the Avsim file library for the large number of updates supplying navaids. You'll need to download Frank Racis' Deximport to install them (Avsim file library).

Guest Colins2

Bevan,Re 1) There is a fix for the coastlines.It will require some work on your part, but instructions should be complete enough.Check out My Hangar SiteColin

The link to the 1.2b version seem to be broken.Thanks for your work.