Sign in to follow this  

flyedit.exe

Hello,last week I installed Fly! again, since the Hawker is in a much better condition than in Fly!II.Now I want to make some sceneries with terrascene and can't find "flyedit.exe". Can someone tell me please, where I can find it. Or can I use the slicer what comes with Fly!II?Thanks in advance and best regards :-wave

Guest Dean

Look in the flyedit folder under the Terrascene directory. It should be zipped there. If not you'll have to reinstall Terrascenery as the editor comes with TS.

As Dean has mentioned, Flyedit 1.06 comes with TS for scenery slicing in "auto mode" in Fly!. However, when used manually, it is not full-featured and is also unstable - lockups and crashes are not uncommon.If you like to add more control in slicing and editing scenery, I would recommend downloading Flyedit 1.05 Beta (in the file library). This is the best version of Flyedit and is very stable. I have both Flyedit executables in my Fly! directory. I use 1.06 when auto-slicing and 1.05 for manual slicing and editing. I renamed the 1.05 executable to Edit105.exe so the 2 programs can coexist.For best results, render your scenery without slicing. Then, edit the images, removing errors. Slice the day and night images using Flyedit 1.05 - this allows you to set a lower bits/pixel setting for night scenery that reduces frame-rates significantly. Finally, pod the files with Frank Racis great Globe Tiles program.

Randall Rocke

Guest Dean

Randall is correct. It's been so long since I've done anything with Fly I that I forgot about having to use both slicers and Globe Tiles to make scenery. Lately I've been thinking about loading Fly I again and start making some TS2 scenery with the Fly II textures. As much as I enjoy Fly II, Fly I still has some advantages and new ground textures would add a new dimension to it.

Hi folks,thank you very much for your replies. It seems that flyedit105 isn't in the file library anymore, but I found it somewhere after doing a search at www.google.deThe problem was, that flyedit106 doesn't come with the TS2.1 full installer. I had to install TS2.0 again to get it.Dean is absolutely right, that's what I'm trying to do, to get the best out of both. Of course I can't do so with airliners what have a FMC, but if I like to use those airliners I can always use Fly!II ;-)Anyways, I really appreciate all your help and thank you so much.Happy landings and best regards :-wave

For future reference, the Fly! Editor v1.05 is still in the file library under Fly! Development: http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=4448Version 1.06 is included with TS 2.1. You will find it in the flyedit directory as "flyedit.zip" along with a read-me file. When Todd first released v2.1, he accidentally left flyedit out - he then replaced the first release with a corrected version. It could be that you downloaded the program within the first few days it was updated, therefore missing out on the the v1.06 program.Good luck!

Randall Rocke

Randall,thank you very much for the link. Since the correct name is Fly! Editor and I searched for flyedit, of course I couldn't find it.In the meantime I rendered already some sceneries with 1.06 and it worked fine for me. The generated terra scenery looks pretty and the Hawker flight model works great. Sky! gives you a wonderful view too.All in all not a bad solution. Of course the very, very limited original Fly! FMC is not it, but for that reason I can always use Fly! II with the wonderful PMDG Airliner Series.Happy landings and best regards.