Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

EMail from IFLYTRI - What is it?

Today, I received an email from "FLY_TIPS-owner@mail.iflytri.com" with no subject and an encoded attachment. My email system (Lotus Notes) could not decode the attachment (looks like it might be UUencoded or something like that).Did anyone else receive this email? Can someone please re-send the attachement to me inside a ZIP file? Or post the tip (assuming its a tip since the email address says "FLY-TIPS..."?Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Very strange... I know Rich had trouble with his e-mail adress, and that it sended weird messages, but I don't know if it has any link...cheers

Guest andrewluck

My suspicion would be that this is the Bugbear virus. This virus fakes the 'from' address and emails the contents of files from the infected machine, hence the random text. Where I've seen this behaviour there is usually an attachment that contains the virus code. However, this may have been removed by a mail gateway virus scanner.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest Iain Spowart

Could be. I've had loads of Bugbear viruses stopped by NAV recently, very similar to this one although there wasn't a virus in this message. As you say it could have been stripped-out by a gateway.Iain Spowart,Scotland.

I love the banner:-eek :-eek :-eekStevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

Guest Iain Spowart

Thanks Stevie :-waveLove the quote: 'The best aid to navigation is having been there before' :-lolIain Spowart,Scotland.

We're trying to figure this out too. We received the same mail to our boxes, but didn't initiate any type of e-mail ourselves. Very strange.Rich

DavidWhen I look at the 'Avsim header' to this message I see that the last message was from 'RHarvey-08/02 at 1.32am'.Yet when I read the messages answering you there isn't one from 'Rich'? Am I just being 'previous' and will it appear? I await with interest.DaveT

Ahh-I see-Rich's message just 'hadn't yet got through'! I didn't realise that they somtimes take awhile to appear.Great to see your still able to find time to drop in sometimes Rich. All the best.DaveT

I got it too and sent the reply "what in the hell is this ?".Michael J.

I didnt get it....DAMN I FEEL LEFT OUT ;-)Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

Guest pilotsim7828

ME TOO !!! Your too cool steve..:-lol Jeff Akins