Sign in to follow this  

Vehicle at KPRC

Guest Eagle

I just uploaded a file to the FlyII Miscellaneous directory that has a moving fuel truck going around the Ernest A. Love Field (KPRC).Thanks to everyone who helped with their input for this project.I especially want to thank Bob "Goody" Goodacre for having the patience to work with me and test this project.

Guest pilotsim7828

Wayne; Did you get this to work ? I`am still haveing trouble . Every time i put the path (pth) in the Scenery.s00 file I still have a static model, ie: WONT MOVE Javier has been helpful , But i dont know what i`m doing wrong , After follwing the tutorial, Looking closely, I have everything The same. Getting close to insane , With this. I did get it to move with the the Shape Editor, But it cannot Save the path. Just getting some ideas, The more the better!! Jeff Akins:-hmmm

Guest Eagle

Hi Jeff:If you want to send me your files I will look at it. I sent you some files last night, did you get them?Also let me know what airport you are using.Send to wayne@goses.org

Guest pilotsim7828

I`m using, ORD. D193160 Btw, No I did not get the files that you sent me! Here , Take a look At these, and thank you for your help.. Jeff Akins BTW The first path is not cone because i added the NW.pth Should this be in lower case Letters or UPPER CASE?

Thanks Wayne :-waveIts the first time I have seen this working, great fun.Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

Guest Eagle

Thanks Stevie. It can be annoying with it going back and forth all the time, but you can delete the call for it in the Path folder and stop it. I am going to add more points to give the truck a greater area to travel. There is no night model for the fuel truck and should provide some exciting times for those landing at night and not knowing where the truck is.Any suggestions as to what to do with this would be appreciated. Do you want it in the scenery? I will experiment to see if two vehicles can be made to move.

This is just wonderful.Im leaving it on all the time.How do you do this, I have tried and failed. Im doing Coventry Airport in the UK at the moment and would love to add a fuel truck working around the Airport. Can this be done with Airport workers?Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

Guest Eagle

Hi again Stevie:I don't know if it will work with anything except the fuel truck at least not at this time. I have tried airplanes, but they move backwards. I understand it has something to do with the z,x,y or some axis.Take a look at my two files that came with the upload they may be able to help you.If you work with scenery that I have on my machine you could send me your SCENERYA and .pth file and I will see what I can do with them. It is really a simple process once you get it to work for you. I am not sure if this was in the tutorial, but I found if I hit the button "Save Changes" before existing the Editor it has something to do with the process.I also found that you do not need to use the path recorder, just use the path plotter and then save your changes. Go to your path (.pth) file and the coordinates should show. If they don't then something is wrong. I also found that you cannot go back and delete the fuel truck and start over again. You have to start with a clean SCENERYA file so save the original before beginning the process.When you get it to work let me know and I will tell you some shortcuts for this process. You need to get it going first and understand the process or I will just confuse you with the shortcut.

OK, thanks Wayne.Do I have to move the truck in small steps or one long jump, so to speak?Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

Guest pilotsim7828

Wayne ; I did the path as you told me but still no joy! I went to KMWL and put the fuel truck right beside the aircraft, Did evrything on your scenerys.xx file , but On my .S01 file tomake it work. Still no luck, Sorry I guess I am not ready for this. I am giving up and will just download from some who got it to work. Thanks for the help Jeff Akins

Guest Eagle

Don't give up Jeff for you will get it to work and then wonder why. If you will use one of my airport sceneries and send me your SCENERYA and .pth file I will install on my system and see what you have done. That is the only way I can really see what is going on.To Stevie, yes you can make one giant step but don't let the truck go through a building. It will follow a straight line and not turn until you tell it to.I am getting ready to upload new files for the Whitehorse Airport. This one has the fuel truck and you can see it go around the airport and stop to refuel airplanes. Yes there are taxiways at the airport and thanks to Bob "Goody" Goodacre who sent me the chart I was able to add taxiways.Don't give up you will jump for joy when you get it working and it is a lot of fun.

Hi Wayne :-wave Fantastic news.I was chasing the truck last night and my little girl was laughing so much she went to bed early... THANKYOU ;-)Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'