Sign in to follow this  

Preview: Lancair Columbia 300

Guest spenik

I love it!!May I request that you, being in the early stages of panel, or not, Could you stick a radar altimiter in there? Please?Do you and Jarno intend to do any other small planes? If Lancair has a small twin four-seater that would be cool!Is this a trainer? If so I can see why the panle loks so bare. But if not, Would a DME be too tall an order?You don't have to do any of these, but it WOULD be nice...And lastly, IS IT FOR MAC?!?!!! I HOPE!I HOPE!I HOPE!I HOPE!

Guest spenik

I'll second that! I don't like anything that has more pounds of fuel in it's wings then are in the cement for the tarmac :-)But, I spoke to a retired 747 pilot who said that "... you don't have anything if you don't have a spiral stair case..."

This is definitely not a trainer. There are a couple reasons the panel looks "simple." First of all, the radio stack is between the seats. There you'll find the transponder, audio panel, GPS, and nav/coms. In the Fly!2 version, you look down to see it. Also, I haven't added a few instruments yet to the front panel. The autopilot functions are not there yet. The blank area to the right of the panel instruments contains an optional moving map. Since I'd have no idea how to add this in Fly!2, we will not pay for this option. :) The panel is also uncluttered because it is flown with a side stick. I'm hoping to show the side stick on my left-down view. The aircraft also has an HSI and flight director. I could add the same storm scope that is present on the PC-12. I'll see if I can do it. Also...it will definitely be Mac compatible.Anyway, all of this work has been hindered by work and family life. I still return to it from time to time. I'm glad to see there is still some interest. If any are interested in learning more about this aircraft, you can visit the [a href=http://www.lancairusa.com/columbia300.html]Lancair Columbia 300 homepage[/a].

Thanks! I do have a job now, but unfortunately that is the reason we don't have the Lancair Columbia for Fly2 by now! :)

Guest spenik

Still interested? STILL INTERESTED!!!!????!!!!! I AM ALL ANEXITY!!Hope to see this plane in it's fullness. Family before airplane panels, so take our time! :-) But don't take TOO long, please?P.S Is their anyone who wants to do some repaints for this wonderful aircraft?

Guest spenik

Wow, congradulations! I thought most of the people on this forum just sat in front of their computers and worked on planes till their brains refused their useuall services. Hope to see it on avsim soon!Have any interior perspective pics yet?

Guest Hagar

"I thought most of the people on this forum just sat in front of their computers and worked on planes till their brains refused their useuall services."Hahaha...I just had the same thoughts regarding some posts in the Norwegian forums :-lol Looking very much forward to the Columbia, refusing brain or not :-hah

Guest spenik

Well, as long as we are talking about the Lancair Columbia 300, you could almost have a refusing brain and still fly it! I was reding through the brochure from their web-site and the throttle, prop controll, and fule mixture are combined into ONE leaver! Using FADEC tec.! Fixed gear, single engine, how much more managable does an airplane get?! As a research prodject, I would like to find out how to impliment the moving map feature. I will look around and ask around, but first, I need to know what Dan Larson needs. If I can ge that, would you, Hagar, help me do some investigation? Thanks! I will understand if you can't.

I think you might have been looking at the 350 or maybe 400. These are all electric aircraft and have quite a number of advanced features. Needless to say, some of these are beyond me. The 300 I'm working on has seperate throttle, mixture and prop controls. For any interested, here's a link to my latest view of the panel:[a href=http:home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/postimages/Panel_preview.jpg]Front Panel View[/a][a href=http:home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/postimages/CenterConsole_preview.jpg]Center Console View[/a]As far as the moving map is concerned, I was hoping just to place the existing moving map from Fly!2 into an avionics component. To see the real features, you can look at the picture here:[a href=http://www.lancairpilots.org/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=2PapaZulu&id=aaa]Upgraded Avionics Package[/a]

Guest spenik

I see. Well, any how, It's still a great airplane!I did'nt see any one respond to my repaints question, did you?

Guest Hagar

Spenik, I am not into plane modeling, but I know how to use a 3D tool and scenery stuff. I am always hovering around in here, so if there is anything I can help with, you`ll hear from me :)

Guest spenik

Just found out that the moving map is in the Columbia 350! No need.Thanks anyway!