Sign in to follow this  

Just been playing with my boom ;o)

Thankyou for this wonderful aircraft.I took her from Liverpool to the Isle Of Man. I need more practice as I overshot the runway, not to worry just turned around and acted as if nothing had happend.Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

Hi StevieJust tried to lower the boom too.I cannot make the boom move.I think I need these files; DynamicParts_V20.dll and the DynParts.txtDo you know where to find?Or please mail them to me?leen@leendejagertweewielers.nlRegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen, The files are part of the pod and no additional files are required. Are you using the switch on the upper panel and not the F10 key? If you need the location of the switch, look at the included BoomSwitch picture included in the download package.Pete

HiThe switch is to the right of the landing lights, taxilights and so on, on mine. For some reason its a different switch than the one shown on the picture with the download. It took me a good 30mins to find it.My plane is a rebel, but I love her ;-)Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

Thanks Pete and Stevie,It is confusing.In the readmy file that comes with the B7073Bd.POD is stated to havethe DLL en the TXT file in the modules/pc folder.The POD however is in the zip file WITHOUT he DLL and TXT file.So it is not possible to open the door with F10.The POD for the Stratotanker however is accompanied by a readmy filetelling the same about the DLL and TXT file while they are alreadyin the POD.(completely useless information)The picture however shows the wrong knob to lower the boom.Stevie told me the right knob and it works.I extracted the DLL and TXT files form the Stratotanker POD.Placed in the Modules/pc/ folder.Now I have an opening door in the first model.So I must say : Great fun, no logic.Jean provided us with a model with integrated IQ test.I failed.GreetsLeen:-shy

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Well done,I was wondering why I couldnt open the door.My passengers spent more money on perfume and cigars tho' ;-)Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

The door on the stratotanker is outlined on the left hand side of the fuse and is not the same as the standard 707. The opening door function was removed as not to confuse things. The read me for the 707 was included and is labeled Original 707 readme or something like that. It is intended to cover some of the systems common both the KC-135 and the 707. If you're happy with haveing the location of the door open for you then that's fine. It's just not correct for the KC-135. I circled the wrong switch when I annotated the upper panel picture.Pete

Hi Pete,I think I did not express myself properly.The tanker is fine as it is and I do not want to openit`s front door.What I ment to say is that the zip file of the original 707does not contain the DDL and TXT file.The DDL and TXT are also NOT PRESENT in the POD.I had to extract thes files from he tanker-POD and place them in the Modules/PS folder to get things working in the original 707.In other words the zip file of the original 707 is not complete.The DLL and TXT files are not in the entire zip at all.GreetsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest pilotsim7828

One more question ? I have no side views , Are there supposed to be ? Also, Are you talking about the door on the outside view, And where are those dll & txt files? Jeff Akins Aka; pilotsim7828

Jeff,Is this for the 707 or KC-135 that you do not have side views?Pete

Guest pilotsim7828

Both the planes are having no sides. Jeff Akins

Hi JeffThe DDL and TXT file are not in the Stratotanker-POD.When you want to open and close the left front door of the 707(just the TWA -plane NOT THE TANKER) you have to extractthe DLL and the TXT file from the B7073Bd.POD.( with Podview )and place these files in the MODULES/PC/ folder.When you download the b707320f2.zip for the TWA B707 you get theB7073Bd.POD.I do not understand why but I got the door in the TWA and the boom on the Stratotanker only working by extracting the DLL and TXT file fromthe TWA POD and placing them in the modules/pc folder.As long as these files were in the POD it did`nt work for me.It would be more simple when the DLL and TXT files were inclosed in the zip file as separate files.The readme file (for the TWA) gives the wrong information;Quote======================* Installation========================== Just unzip the aircraft file in the AIRCRAFT directory. This model will work with the standard aircraft of FLY-2 installed in FLY. No other addition is needed. For PC user, copy the DynamicParts_V20.dll and the DynParts.txt in the MODULE/PC directory. This will animate the forward door with the F10 key.===========================As you can see the readmy gives the impression that there are separateDLL and TXT files in the zip.There are NO separate files.They are in the POD and there they don`t work.(maybe they do on a Mac but not on a PC)?????????????GreetsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Jeff,Sorry for your problems. I have side views on my copies of the 707 and KC-135 and no one else has reported missing side views. Unless this is a problem everyone else is seeing I'd say you're missing files from your Fly! II folder. I'am going to state the obvious so stay with me. Have you installed the TWA 707? Are you using the KC-135 and 707 in their podded form an not unpodded? I was missing the front panel when working on one of the repaints and found that I had not changed the reference in one of the files pointing to the newly named panel. I cannot think of another circumstance that would prevent you from seeing the side views, which are based on the Hawker. Do you have the Hawker installed?We'll get it working,Pete

Leen, may I make a side note of no importance? The KC-135 does not use dll's to operate the boom, that's the reason the boom works on the Mac, by the way. There is something going on with the 707 that I haven't figured out yet about the door. Has anyone been able to open the door on any of the 707 repaints?Pete