Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javier

Multiplayer.....

Hi Johnny,Hmmm,the multyplayer.I think the MP-server has been down for more than a week.The last few days it`s active again , but is not working good.Yesterday I tried to connect two of my computers to the MP-server.It was my intention to make some nice screenshots of the Stratotankerwhile refueling the F16.It`s posible to make very nice (real) screenshots while MP-ing withtwo computers.I did that before with PH-WAP and R163.Real , honest ,unmanipulated shots.Started the Stratotanker and set course and height on my PC number 1.Then took off with the F16 on my PC number2 (in multyplayer mode ).In a few minutes I reached the Stratotanker ,lowerwed it`s boom andmade a gentle approach withe F16.Hanging about 200 feet behind the Stratotanker.........Ready to make the first screenshot.........MULTYPLAYER SESSION DISCONNECTED.##### , ##### , ##### !!!!!When a MP-session is disconnected it is only possible to connect againafter restarting FLYII.So I restarted FLYII at both computers started the planes ect.ect.ect.I chased the Stratotanker again , almost made visual contact and prepaired to hit the boom.MULTYPLAYER DISCONNECTED.##### , ##### , ##### !!!!!After this I repeated the whole procedure three times.IT DID NOT WORK!!!!!! Each time there was a disconnection message.This was my evening yesterday.I hoped to make beautifull screenshots refuelling planes.At last I could only refuel myself.A glas of Claret and a piece af cheese and Leendert went to bed.It could ( and should ) have been so nice.Playing over a LAN ,as id did with FLY1, was perfect.You can imagine what I can do with five computers on my LAN.Groeten vanLeen de JagerEHRD:-grr

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Johnny, Leen,I'm currently noticing that the Fly! II server goes up and down... And I'm working on getting to actually chat with Richard sometime... I did receive one positive response from him recently but due to timezone issues he couldn't join me at a suitable time...If I get to talk to him, I'll mention a whole bunch of things. If you have any things you want to feed on, please tell me here (this will be a private chat unless you complain about it).Some things I will bring to discussion are:- Can the Fly! II server really be fixed - when - how much reliability?- Possible "third-party" hosting of the server?- Add alternative servers that are third-party?- Peer-to-peer support (patch)?Best Regards,Dave

Good evening David,I think your list for your discussion with RH isquiet complete.As you can read in my reaction to this topic I do not use theMP server very often.I am mostly a solitairy FLYer.But for making genuine screenies it`s essential to have MP.MP by LAN will do for this purpose.Anyhow when we can MP by LAN we can do it ( on a smaller scale )on the internet too ( VPN )I hope you`ll have a fruitful discussion with Richard Harvey.SKOL:-beerchug your FLYfriend

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Javier

Well.. not MP related, but if you could get a date or an idea of when the PATCH will be released that will be very useful for us, who are waiting to get some add-ons today on hold because the patch...Tell him that the more he works on the other project the less chances we will have to get a patch. =( but we have to understand that the "other" project is the one that pays the bills.