Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Wallace

How do I take and save screen shot photographs?

Guest cliff

I can't figure out how screen shots are taken and later posted onto the Net for others to enjoy or to illustrate a point.Can anybody tell me please?Cliff

HI Cliff,To take a screen shot, either use the CTRL+TAB (then the the shots will be placed in bmp format in the fly2! root. Or you can do a print screen then paste the shot in paint.For the first solution, don't forget to convert to jpeg...cheers

Guest cliff

Thanks for replying so quickly Tom. Will this work in exactly the same way if I want to capture scren shots in Microsoft's FS2002?Regards............Cliff

well not for the ctrl+tab, but for the printscreen than paste, yes that works in almost all games...cheers

Guest Chris Wallace

There is also an add-on DLL called 'JpegSnap v1.1' available in the library which will take a screenshot in JPG format so you don't need to manually convert it. You can define the screenshot key mapping to be whatever you want (Ctrl-Tab for to override the normal screenshot) and have it automatically resize the screen image if you wish, so it should be as easy to use as the built-in screenshot function.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest cliff

Hi Chris. Sounds great but I've tried both the Avsim and the Flightsim libraries and neither listed it as available.Are you sure that's the correct fle name?Cliff

Guest Chris Wallace

Just checked, it's in the "Fly! 2 Miscellaneous" section, search for "jpeg" in that section and you should find it. Make sure you get the 1.1 version which has the resize capability.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada