Sign in to follow this  

Original Fly! Patches

Looking for the original patches for the original issue of Fly!. Think there were about 4 files and maybe 1 or 2 Scenery files. Present Fly Patch file in the library doesn't have them. Thought maybe they might be somewhere else in the library. Had them on cd and accidentally destroyed them. Still prefer the orginal issue of Fly! I know Fly2K is supposed to be the same which I have and use. Just too old to make the change.Thanks allRobert J

Robert,The Fly!2K level and above (version 1.01.87 and beyond) are really far superior to the original Fly! (and all the updates to get to the highest level are free) :-)If you can't find the "Final" patch to take you to the 1.01.87 level at the previously posted links, I believe it is still available at Flightsim.com.After that, run and get the SDK 1.01.88 "User" or "Developer" patch here at Avsim - that will give you the ultimate out of the original Fly!, pushing you to the v88 level and opening up the best add-on aircraft, scenery, and utilities that were ever configured for the original Fly!

Randall Rocke

Thanks to all. Randall has about convinced me to stay with the Fly2K. Have it installed. The other was just the whims of an old man. Nice to have people like you around. Robert J

Well Robert - if you have 2K, then you're already at the 1.01.87 level. Now all you need to do is install the SDK!Once you have it running, download all of Rob Young's v88 versions of the original Fly! aircraft - altogether, a very realistic flight experience. If you want to know what else to add, just respond to this post, and I'll put up a nice list.

Randall Rocke

I'll take you up on the offer! Have Rob Young's v88 version of the Cessna 172, ground control and updates on Sky. So far that's it. A list would be most appreciated. Will download the rest of Rob's aircraft. THANKSRobert J

Robert,I'm in the middle of a computer repair, so I'll get back to you on that list. One thing on downloading Rob's creations - order the file library list on Aircraft, author:Rob Young, then sort by date. Just be sure to get the latest version of each plane, as Rob went through some evolution on his flight models.

Randall Rocke

No rush Randall. If you prefer, you may e-mail "rjbaugh@ionet.net". Thanks for the tip on getting Rob's latest.Robert J