Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

patch230 stops patching at 86% done...

Hi there,I recently picked up a copy of Fly2 in DVD case, the european version build 2.01. 197I brought it successfully upto build 210 .But I can't get it patched to 230 ... While doing the 230 patch routine the installation stops at 86% done , with an error general file transfer: "please check your target location and try again .File name: d: (my fly2 drive) d:systempatch.pod. Decompressing files in d:system.patch.pod " .... looking at a patch.pod in my system folder Ican't find anyone. Do you have a patch pod file... ? What to do now... bright ideas very welcome... Wouter

Hey Wouter,1) Check that you have enough space on your hard drive for installation.2) In the worst case, try reinstalling, without running the sim at ANY time between the patches. This is a serious bug.3) Try redownloading the patch.4) Yes I have a patch.pod but that would be the patch itself. That's where it complains for some reason.That's about it for now... Hope you get it working.Dave

Hi Wouter :-waveI have the same FlyII as you but have not had this problem. You could shut down a few programs like anti-virus software. I did however have a similar problem with Terrormodels and when I downloaded the software again all was ok.While Im pondering tjust run scandisk incase.Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'My Contributions:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...=&CurrentPage=1For FREE Website Traffic go here :-eek http://www.nomorehits.com/cgi-bin/start.cg...er=steviegeebee

Guest Colins2

Dave,With respect, some answers to your points:1) Yes.2} No, This is a myth. Those of us who got Fly!2 when released didn't sit around waiting for patches! We flew all the in-between versions and reported continuing problems. The only thing that we had to do was to delete *.hst files and any *.sit files, that was all.3) Maybe, but I don't think so in this case, unless he has the wrong patch.4) Nope. Patch.pod contains some updated files, not the complete patch. I bought the US version when it was released therefore after the first patch that I applied, I had a patch.pod in my system folder.Maybe Wouter is trying to apply the wrong patch. There was a lot written about the patching process at the time.Wouter's problem is not the same one that some other people have experienced, i.e. hanging on java.pod. No-one seems to have found a real cure for that problemColin

Hi there,Thank you all for your input.I could successfully do the patch from 210 to version 230.What I did was running the installation two times...On the first run I pointed the patch to my main fly2 folder per instruction, as usual the patch process stopped at 86%, searching for the system folder. Fly2.exe updated to 230 and updated video dll's . On the second run, I forced the installation to my system folder and voila the other files appeared and the patch run the 100% . The installation created an extra system folder : systemsystem with the sdk files and module dll's and patch pod Only what I had to do was copying the files in the right folders and delete the extra system folder, done...Again thanks for all your input...!Regards,Wouter p.s . Where in the Fly! II library can I find Windaloft v1.1 Thanks!

Colin,Correcting point 4. I should've said it comes with the patch.Hmm regarding point 2, I don't think anybody told me that before. Still, if you don't run the sim between having installed and having patched, you wouldn't have to delete the files... ;) But thanks anyway, I think I will check that out sometime. :)Dave