Sign in to follow this  

Which graphic -- card ?

Hi folks,My computer has 902MHz and 384MBRAM.The graphic - card is a nvidia tnt2 with 32MB.In the next days I will buy a new better card.Can I buy a 128MB - card or is that too much for my computer? Tahnks

Guest Lindy

Yeah, you'll have to investigate whether your MB will accept something hardier than your TNT. I tried moving up from a TNT2 card to a GEForce card and my MB just would not handle it. I had to purchase a new MB!! But I ended up with a really nice GEForce 2 Ti 64 DDR card that works great with Fly!2.If your MB can support it, I think a 128 card would be pretty cool.-Lindy :-wave

Hi, what motherboard, and what brand is your cpu?In theory, it should work, but you never, I admit a geforce 4 or a Ati radeon 9500 would be great...cheers

Guest tonyc

I've got a xp 2000+ and a nvidia g3T200 128meg. My frame rates are in the high 20's .tony

Hi,yes I see you are all computer-brained;) - I`m not!Where can I find what kind of motherboard I have?Thanks for your help!!!Bye, Mike

Guest Lindy

If you have documentation for your computer, you should be able to find your MB manufacturer in that. If not, the only way I know of is to open your computer case and take a look-see. There may be a name stamped into it or a label of some kind. Failing that, you can take it into a computer shop (or have a computer literate friend) open it up and tell you what MB you have.Also, when you first boot up, some computers may list your MB manufacturer on the screen as the computer is running its self test. Mine is like that.You could also try going into SetUp (ways to get into Setup vary from computer to computer...... mine tells you to hit the "del" key for Setup during the boot process). You might be able to find your MB maker somewhere in Setup. (I use Win98SE -- I don't know if this will work with Win2000 or Win XP if you should have either OS.)Good luck-Lindy :-wave

Hi,I`ve searched for numbers and letters, and also found what- But what?Here some infos VIA VT82C697X Chipset - Found in a manual but I think it is a chipPS2KBMS - Found on the motherboard on top-leftyeah, that`s all I`ve found.:-shy Bye

Guest Colins2

Mike,The PS2KBMS is not the motherboard type.It stands for PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse.When you first boot the computer, hit the pause button when the first screen of text is up. The numbers that youwant are either at the top or, more likely, at the bottom of the screen.If you post those numbers, someone may be able to help.The Via chipset is probably fitted to numerous makes of motherboard, and won't help you.What OS are you running?Colin

Hi,Maybe I`v found what:Manufacturer: ASUST ek Computer.INCMP Support: NoModel: MED 2001Vervision: REV 1.xxThat could be right, or?Bye

Guest Colins2

Hi Mike,OK, it's an ASUS motherboard, but the model is not MED 2001.I don't know what that is, but it's not the model.When you frst boot, you will see the video card info on the top 2 of so lines on the screenThen you will hava a couple of blank lines, an then should be your motherboard name.Mine is an ASUS and it says A7M266 on that line.I don't know of any way to take a shot of it to show you.If your chip is ny AMD then the motherboard will start (probably) with A7If it's a Celerom it could start with TU or P3.The model number should also be somewhere on the motherboard.Colin

Hi,yes,yes that is the model!!!I also don`t know what that is exactly but maybe it is a special-modelfor the Medion-computers.

Guest Javier

Hello!My MotherBoard is a Transcend with a VIA Chip on it, I know there are/were issues between the GeForce Video Cards and the VIA chip, not a complete inconmpatibility but an issue with the FAST WRITES feature on the BIOS.I don't know how much this will help, but I do have a VIA 694X Chip on my Mother Board and I know that the Geforce 4 Ti4200 128MB works very well on it.In terms of FPS its hard to tell , FLY improved a lot, 100 times better, but since I have almost every eye candy feature maxed out and very heavy Dynamic Models rolling on the TARMAC my FPS are in the Mid 10's lower 20's then as soon I take of everything goes to the mid 30's and so on...Just remember that as soon as you change your Video Card chances are you will have to edit your Render.ini file to tune it up.My recomendation? If your VIA chip accepts ... the Gainward Geforce Ti4200 128MB. There is a version without the Video In - Video Out port for those who don't edit / capture videos. Price should be less that $160.00 USD.Hope this helps.

Hi,that sounds good!!!I will ask a friend of mine, he is a computer-freak. Hope that he canhelp me.Bye, Mike