Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colins2

Who can spot this problem

I have just installed FLYII us release, no start, then the 152-210 patch, no start then 230 patch.Running on Geforce TI 4200 with Nvidia drivers 29.xx. Get this pictureWho knows the solution to this problemRegard

Yes I had the same problem. Try the DirectX 8 T&L drivers (on the fly2 startup screen)and this will cease. Sorrily the system runs more unstable then. You often get a crash with a missing texture file (fog.raw, osprey.raw...).I posted this once but no one replied how to solve this problem...Good luck and tell me what you found.C

Hi Clemens,You are right about T&L.You are absolutely wrong when you are talking about unstable running after activating T&L.Read the FAQ and First Time FLYers topics.I am running FLY2 on 4 ( yes FOUR ) different computers (PC`s)I followed all the available instructions and have absolutely no problems.Sometimes you have to do a lot to get FLY2 run smoothly, but in can run without problems.So;Read , try and FLYBye

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Dear Leen3131cs, I do not know who you are or how much experience you have in FLYII. I have read all the documenation you refer to more than often and the problem is not mentioned there, correct me if I am wrong.First I did installed FLYII US version on another PIII450 with a TNT2 card on XP pro. The same problem now with Athlon1800 with a GF TI4200 on XP pro and up to date drivers. Since I do run into this problem the second time I assume hundreds of others do as well and perhaps some turn away from the sim, stay with the 210 patch or simply don

I read all of them and followed the instructions to update to .230But I can

Hi all,I have already seen this problem, I think it has something to do with the [graphics] settings in the fly.ini...Try replacing what you have with thischeers[Graphics]airShadowFlag=0showDistantClouds=0flatShadeFlag=0filterFlag=1useAGPFlag=2gamePIXX=1024gamePIXY=768gameBitsPerPixel=32autoFullScreen=0useDirect3D=1ditherFlag=1useLensFlare=1numTextureSlots=0environmentMap=1rendererVideoCard=0textureDetailThreshold=2exteriorCamZoom=32768interiorCamZoom=32768useNightLights=3limitTaxiwayPavementDistance=0detailTileMinimumPixels=24detailTileAutoDisable=1popBuildingsIntoView=0popBuildingsTolerance=20desiredMinPossibleVisibility=100desiredMaxPossibleVisibility=316800rendererDLLPath=tridx8tl.dlltaxiwayTileRepeat=4highDetailRadius=0medDetailRadius=12animateWater=1minCameraZoom=8192maxCameraZoom=49152movieSizeX=256movieSizeY=192movieFPS=10maxUserVisibility=30useEnvLighting=0waterTransparency=64waterTilingDensity=8scatteredCloudCount=500fewCloudCount=248distanceHidingRadius=2viewableTaxiwayPavementDistance=50000 viewableTaxiwayLightDistance=300000 markingTotalFadeOutDistance=30380 viewableTaxiwayHeight=100000 viewableTaxiwayMarkingDistance=3000runwayLightFogPenetration=1000lightScalarDusk=50lightScalarDawn=50lightScalarDay=100lightScalarNight=25runwayLightDistanceFadeMinFeet=12152runwayLightDistanceFadeMaxFeet=30380runwayLightDistanceFadeMaxRatio=75lightIntensityStandard=0.500000 lightIntensityCenterline=0.500000 lightIntensityTouchdown=0.500000 lightIntensityALSF=1.000000 lightIntensityRAIL=2.000000 lightIntensityVASI=3.000000 lightIntensityREIL=3.000000 lightIntensityTaxiway=0.070000userHeadPitch=0sceneryDetailLevel=5enableNightLights=1

Hi Arni,How much experience with? You asked.Quiet a lot I think, but how do we measure this.I use the European version.The problems you are talking about are completely unknown by me.The four computers I told you about are all different.Diffrent hardware and software.Including a PC with AthlonXP2100,GF4TI4400 running on XP-ProThey all run on the same FLY2 configuration.I have a master-backup from a perfect working FLY installation.Simply copy this by LAN to the other ( any )PC.Than I remove fly ini and restart the PC.Just a little tweaking on the render ini and that`s all.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Sabadin

Also might want to try changing the vertexindexformat line in your render.ini .

Hallo again ClemensI tried some flying from EDDF in foggy conditions.Nothing happened.I have no idea how to solve your problem.greets

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest JeffB

vertexIndexFormat=0This should solve your problem.Good luck,Jeff

It would be in my interest to know Jeff, what does patch 230 do for FLYII and do you know what kind of control these settings are suppose to provide, (vertindexformat) and what is the differnce between setting it 0 or 1 apart from solving this problem.Regard