Sign in to follow this  
Guest rene_35

A Team to Develop Aircraft

Guest Eagle

I know this subject has been discussed previously and I don't believe any action was taken.Would it be feasible to gather together a number of the Fly community for the purpose of developing aircraft? The team would decide which aircraft to build and the different design areas would be assigned to those who wanted to participate. This method would allow a large number of aircraft to be built and in less time than it presently takes.My nomination to head this team would be Dan Larson.Now it is time for input from the Fly community, so lets hear both the good and negative of this suggestion.

Soo...like a Gathering Of Developers? *lol* :)I'm sorry. Just kidding.John IvanENHD

Guest Josve

Since I know some of the developers out there it seems to me that there are some cooperations between the developers at this time.Many of the designers are helping each other with their current projects.I won't put out any names since I'm not sure who's helping who here :)But there are a lot of teamwork going on,and perhaps soon we are going to see the fruits of this cooperations :)If things are going as I suspect (or knows) there are going to be quite a few surprises coming along........Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Wow, a nomination. Thanks Wayne. Actually, I would love to work with others to develop aircraft. I've put very high standards on myself for the Columbia and its taking me so many hours to get it done. This effort makes me wish I had help from others! I'd also like to help on new aircraft projects. To get things kicked off, here are the skills I'd like to offer:1) 3D Panel Modeling (using 3D Studio)2) Panel Image Work (Photoshop)3) Interior/Exterior textures (Photoshop)Here are the skills I think we need:1) Panel/Gauge Programming (PNL/AMP files)2) Aircraft Systems Programming3) Flight Model Development4) External Aircraft Modeling5) LiveriesMy nomination for external models is Jarno Deken. His model for our Lancair Columbia is excellent!I'll tack on a quick update of my progress on the Columbia Panel:http://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p...mpletePanel.jpghttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p...Panel_Lower.jpghttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p...ternalModel.jpgJohnny is right...there are a lot of things going on. I would like to join Wayne in a desire to see an additional aircraft team put together (similar to ROTW). Some of us (like me) are just getting to know people and don't yet have a lot of connections in the community. Who else is interested?

I forgot...we also need someone to head up the Sounds/Audio component. I'd love to hear from anyone who is currently working on projects or would like to offer their help for new projects.

I'am always willing to hire out my paint gun ;) No charge to interested parties :D Pete

Wayne,One good thing is that people with specific skills wouldn't have to search for people with the skills needed to complete things. And we know that groups like ROTW are bringing nice stuff to the community. So why not create yet another group, or even groups? :)Bad thing could be that some people will feel they "have to" do this and that, and it's a bit of a dilemma.Personally I'm afraid I won't be of any help for a while. I think I will be looking a bit into some kind of aircraft design /modelling, gauge programming etc... Right now, my knowledge is very limited.One question I have is, what about development groups for scenery, add-on applications etc?In any case, it seems like you've already got started with the names. So please keep us informed about your progress. Good luck! :)Regards,Dave

Guest Josve

You should get in touch with John Wimbush! He's also a panel guy :)He was making the 737-500 panel.I've lost his adress,so I don't know where he is!And you already know Jarno Deken :)So I think it's a great idea to team up guys!!Stick your heads together!Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif ][/div

Guest CaptainJ

Where to sign up!!!It would be an honour to join the team ;)Jarno

I can always give a hand for liveries, give me a tif file and I'll paint it...cheers

Guest Eagle

Thanks for all the positive responses.Dan says he would be happy to work with others and since he has started a project, and I am sure could use help, why not start with his airplane.We could possibly use flydevelopers.com as a clearing house for the project. If Dan doesn't have time to coordinate the project I will volunteer for that position. Tutorials are important for each system and need to be gathered.Dan the ball is back in your court and input from you is needed.

Guest chezz

I can help in the painting department (Photoshop).chris salviejorpll

Well, one thing I'm working on that might help is an AVSIM hangar site that Jarno started awhile back. This will be a website outlining our current projects and giving an update on progress. It can also serve as a place to advertise for help in specific areas. We might also think about using the Fly Developers Site that already exists -- a lot of work went into that!Why don't we start with this: Wayne's suggestion that we help roll out the Columbia is a great one. This AC is well on its way to completion but needs some help in key areas before we can release. Anyone interested in joining the Fly! II Freeware Group (F2FG) can email me at fly2guy@earthlink.net. Please include answers to the following:[ul][li]What is your interest in the group?[li]What skills do you have to offer today?[li]What skills do you want to learn?[li]Information on any projects you've done already.[li]How long you've been using Fly!II.[li]What most interests you (Aircraft, Scenery, etc)[li]Any aircraft you've been hoping to see released[li]Do you have access to any special access/material that would help the cause (Aircraft Photos, Aerial Photos, Technical Information, access to aircraft, experience flying, etc)[li]Tell us about yourself (where do you live, what do you do, family, etc) so we can get to know each other.[li]Finally, your contact info where you can be reached[/ul]I will compile this list and send it out to those who have responded.

Guest GOODY

Gentlemen:To anyone interested in an aircraft to produce.I have the original owners manual for Beech Baron B58 that I would be willing to send to anyone who would like to use toput this aircraft in FLY!II.I also have pictures .If your interested please E-Mail meGoodyGoody@cableone.net