Sign in to follow this  

Geoff"s Bonanza Small GPS Problem

Thanks to Geoff and his crew for a great freeware aircraft. I have one small problem which I have not been able to resolve. I can't get the Garmin 195 to work. It comes up on the screen when I push it's button but it's dead. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? Am I missing the On, Off switch?Richard

Guest John_Hirsch

Richard,The Garmin 195 requires two gauge files not included with the Geoff download. One file, kln90bro.gau, I had for another aircraft (from kln90bro_gps.zip) and the other file, gpsmap195.gau, is available for D/L at AVSIM and is called gmap195.zip. With these two files the handheld GPS should work.If you cannot find kln90bro_gps.zip, I'll be glad to send the 137KB file to you via email.

Thanks for the fast reply. I found the two gauges I needed and all is well.Thanks AgainRichard

Hi John, I was kibitizing on the info you passed on to Richard, re the Garmin 195 workability. Ok, I too d/l those two gau files from the Library. Then they both go to the FS2002 Gauges File. Right?And that will make the Garmin workable....OK? Thanks John for the info. I've just started today working on getting to know the Deb. I am sure enthused with this really great work of Geoff's.Regards, Nick

Guest John_Hirsch

The gauge archives are also available at flightsim.com. Look for the files: gmap195.zip, kln90b11.zip or kln90bro.zip. You can retrieve the actual gauge files: gpsmap195.gau and kln90bro.gau from the archives. Place these two files in your flightsim gauges folder for the Garmin 195 to work.