Sign in to follow this  

152-210 Patch Problem, PLEASE HELP ME???????

Greetings,I'm trying to reinstall Fly II on my system and I'm having a problem getting the 152-210 patch installed. It keeps giving me the error message, see attached. I tried following the instructions in the read me text. I uninstalled Fly II, deleted the folder, and reinstalled it to a new directory. However, it still gives me the error message. Any help on getting past this would be most appreciated. I'm trying to patch the original version, which is 152, to version 210 using the FlyII152-210update.zip file. Thanks again.Sincerely,Hans Groenewold

Hans, I got the same message while patching my CD FLYII installation. Since this was a year ago, can't say from memory what exactly was the cause. What I can remember is that I massed up with the versions and used inappropriate patch as I have the "Euro" version of FLYII. (It's patched already)Originally, I downloaded all patches from this server, but at the end I used only 1 or 2 final ones. Let me find out and will come back to you. Rene Sajfrt

Hallo Hans,I think you are patching the wrong way.You are trying to patch-up the European FLYII releasewith the USA patch-set.THIS DOES NOT WORK !!!!!!!!When you have the European version on CD`sit is already patched up to build 197.Do like this:First step ,Just install FLYII on your PC.Second step , install FlyIIFeatureUpdate4.exe (28-6-01) (this one patches up to build 210)Third step , install FlyIIupdate230.exe (20-12-01)Met vriendelijke groeten

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi guys,Thanks for the replies. I believe I'm doing it correctly as I have the U.S release on one CD, I'm a Dutch guy living in the USA. I still read and speak Dutch a little. The original US version is 152, which the start up screen displays. When Fly II first came out, I patched it patch by patch, four times, I think. I located my old patches and tried installing patch by patch and got the same result. I'm running this on my new recent PC, which is XP. My old PC ran it under Windows 98. Any help would be appreciated.Sincerely,Hans Groenewold

Guest Colins2

Hans,I'm afraid I don't have a magic answer for you, this patch problem has had us all baffled as it happens to some people and not others.The main things that affect the patching seem to be:1) the patch must be on your HD, not on a CD2) turn off all anti-virus software.3} turn off any unnecessary background programs especially so-called system utilities like Norton.4) Some sound cards seem to affect the patch, I've read that some people had success by disabling the card temporarily.I haven't had the problem, so I can't comment from 1st hand experience.What I can add, though, is this:You say that you had Fly!2 running on another PC?You can simply copy the entire Fly! installation across if you have them connected.If you can't connect them, then you could physically put the HD from the old computer in as a 2nd drive in the new computer and copy it from there.If you have a CD writer on the old system, you could copy it to CD and do it that way.Fly! does not use the registry at all. Everything that it needs to run is contained in the Fly! folder and subfolders. That is why just copying it is so easy.One last thing. If you have had a failed patching process, then the system will probably not work. There is no other way to make it work again other than a re-install.Hope this helpsColin

Colin,Thanks for your reply. I may have to hang it up on this one. I had it on one of my old Windows 98 PC, which I still have. However, I uninstalled it from that one. I noticed when I ran the CD for the install on my new PC, the CD didn't seem to want to start. The CD kept starting and slowing down. Also, it took forever to install all the files for some reason. My new PC is 2.4 GHZ so it should have installed very quickly. My old PC was 500 MHZ and it installed faster on that one. Other CD's I've installed go lightning quick, but Fly II seemd to bog down. Oh well, we gave it a shot. I also tried the reinstall, a different directory, and a different drive. Guess I was one of the unlucky ones. Lastly, I also tried all your suggestions with no luck. Thanks again.Sinecerely,Hans Groenewold

Guest Colins2

Hans,One last suggestion for you:You could always copy the install CD to your HD and install from there. I assume that with a new PC you have acres of space available?I know that this shouldn't be necessary, but it might work.Colin

Goedemorgen Hans,Begrijpelijkerwijs nam ik aan dat je de Nederlandse versiehebt.Met jouw probleem kan ik je dus niet helpen.Slechts een goede raad.Maak, als het eenmaal werkt een goeie kopie op CD`s.Installeren de ik nooit meer.Even kopie op harde schijf overschrijven en klaar is FLY.Ik ben wel erg benieuwd naar de oplossing van je probleem.I draai ook op XP maar heb FLY er dus niet op geinstalleerd.Alleen maar gekopieerd.Wellicht geeft ook de EU versie problemen bij installatie op XP.groetenps.sorry for using dutch ,guys , just explaining I am dutchand do not know anything about the USA release.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Colin:I'm not quite sure what you mean with your suggestion, but I'm willing to try it. Do you mean copying just the install program from the CD to the hard drive? Or are you suggestion putting the entire contents of the CD on the hard drive and then running the install program? Thanks for your help.Sincerely,Hans

Colin:I'm not quite sure what you mean with your suggestion, but I'm willing to try it. Do you mean copying just the install program from the CD to the hard drive? Or are you suggestion putting the entire contents of the CD on the hard drive and then running the install program? Thanks for your help.Sincerely,HansSorry for the duplicate post, I meant to put it on the bottom...........

Guest Colins2

Hans,That's exactly what I meant.Just copy the CD (1) to a temporary directory and run the setup from there.Colin

Hi Colin and others who helped,I tried what you suggested and loaded the CD onto my hard drive and installed it from there. The same thing happened when I tried to install the patch. Oh well, we gave it a shot. I used all the versions of the Fly series simulators and Microsoft as well. I used only the Fly series for almost two and a half years until FS2002 came out. I tried it and retired Fly II. I just wanted to use it again after being away from it for a year, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Thank you all for your help.Sincerely,Hans