Sign in to follow this  

B-33 Bonanza 'Black Bird"

Eric, thanks for your interest in my problem. And what you put forth sounds good.....however I'm just an old retired guy that know how to on/off my PC, etc. So, I have no idea of what you are proposing for me to do. Create "mipmaps"??......."Convert to 32 bits".......??Could you give a guy a clue on how to accomplish this? Only if it will solve my "Black Bird" problem of course. Thanks again.Regards,Nick

Guest Vulcho

>Eric, thanks for your interest in my problem. And what you >put forth sounds good.....however I'm just an old retired >guy that know how to on/off my PC, etc. So, I have no idea >of what you are proposing for me to do. Create >"mipmaps"??......."Convert to 32 bits".......?? >>Could you give a guy a clue on how to accomplish this? Only >if it will solve my "Black Bird" problem of course. Thanks >again. >>Regards, >Nick OK, so here's what he's saying:Go to the directory where FS2002 is installed.There you will see all the folders amongs which you will see one called "gmax". Open it. Open the "FlightSim" folder. Open the "gamepacks" folder. Open the only folder there which is "FlightSim". There you see a file called "Imagetools".Open imagetools, and select File-->>Open.Locate the directory where your deb is (in the aircraft folder) and select the "texture" folder. It's in the main folder of the deb.There, you will see all the textures the Debonair uses.Open the one called: "B33DEBGONE_T.bmp"You should see the fuselage textures.Click on IMAGE-->>Create MipMapsClick File-->>SaveStart FSSelect the b33 and the fuselage should be OK. Maybe some other parts aren't but the fuselage should be fine. If so, then go back to imagetools, and add mipmaps to all the other texture files.Sorry if too long/confusinghttp://turnhead.com/dot/alex/banner-stroke.gif

Not a black bird, but a "black" install. Help. Anyone: Here is what happens. I downloaded five times, and on different browsers, etc.I get a message that says: "Verification failed: possiblly incomplete download, failing disk, or perhaps a virus!" Yikes. Which is it? Five times I sat and watched what looks like a normal download. But no go. Help please.

Go to: 1. Options 2. Settings 3.Display 4.Hardware 5.Place a X in Hardware Aceleration

>Go to: 1. Options > 2. Settings > 3.Display > 4.Hardware > 5.Place a X in Hardware Aceleration And make everything look ugly ? A texture problem doesn't warrant such a drastic solution.__________________________________________________________EricUPDATED: List of all airlines, aircraft manufacturers and aircraft types recognised by ATC:http://www.geocities.com/eric_2203/orhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?D...atID=fs2002misc

Alex, I think even this old duffer can handle your "solution" applications. I'll sure give it a go. And thank you for your time and effort to help turn my "Black Bird" into a shiny whitebird.I'll got to any ends to be able to see my Deb from the outside. After all, it is kind of drab watching the black silhoutte making those superb landings in the Flight Replays...... (-;Regards,Nick