Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

Which version of Fly! do you prefer ?

Hi everyone !I have both Fly! and Fly!II. Each version has its own advantages and its own drawbacks. I'd like to know which version of Fly! do you prefer and WHY ? (Why one version is better than the other ? ...)As for me, I think Fly! is better than Fly!II regarding the clouds, the number of aircraft, of sceneries. With Fly!, you can "flatten" an aiport whereas with Fly!II, it's not yet possible. Moreover, Fly!II are heavier than Fly! ones.Thank you for your answer !Damien BRUNET (LFQQ)e-mail : udb@fr.stUDB, L'Univers de Damien BRUNEThttp://www.udb.fr.st/

I also have Fly & FlyII but I must admit I love FlyII the best. I would love to get my hands on Fly2k but I cant get hold of it in Wrexham Wales UK.Anyone help me?Stevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'My Contributions:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...=&CurrentPage=1For FREE Website Traffic go here :-eek http://www.nomorehits.com/cgi-bin/start.cg...er=steviegeebee

Guest Dean

If you have Fly you can very easily bring it to Fly 2K. Assuming your are patched to the highest version all you have to do is download InfoMetar, Sky! and Ground Control. That will pretty well get you there. You should also D/L all of Rob Young's V88 aircraft.As much as I like Fly, I lean toward Fly II. I prefer the hi-res textures and the A/C in Fly II look better.

Damien,I agree with you. FLY2k in my opinion was a better product than FLYII. When paired with V88 flight models from Rob Young and Rhein-Ruhr scenery from Marc Storing it offerred unbelievable and highly unique simulation experience. Release of FLYII was a very big disappointment for me (my name is still on FLYII as a beta tester) primarily because of user interface, clouds, sky, horizon issue, drab-looking scenery and stutter-full performance (in my opinion inadequate scenery update engine).But at this point I no longer care - I am only using FS2002, I no longer have any FLY on my computer. Unfortunately the FLY era is over for me but I still value its highly positive historical impact on the whole simulation industry.Michael J.

Guest Dean

>But at this point I no longer care - I am only using FS2002, >I no longer have any FLY on my computer. Michael,Then why respond to a post that says which version of Fly! do you prefer?

>Then why respond to a post that says which version of Fly! >do you prefer? All right Mr.Censor, because I took liberty of assuming that Damien (it was he who asked) would not mind if his question "do you prefer" could also be interpreted as "did you prefer". Sorry for not limiting myself to a narrow interpretation of the question and apologize for any harm it caused to the community. :-blaMichael J.

Guest DSandberg

Michael,I agree with you partially; the first half of your original response was totally appropriate for this thread and answered the original poster's question nicely. But you could have just left it at that. Instead you had to add your second paragraph about leaving Fly! entirely and moving on to MSFS. That part was not applicable to the original question, but rather was in large part an unnecessary and unhelpful "dig" at all versions of Fly! in general, and you will note that it was the portion of your post quoted by Dean and responsible for prompting his negative response.We KNOW you prefer to fly MSFS now ... you've said it more than enough times. Every time you continue to repeat yourself on this, in threads where it isn't needed, is just kicking dirt in the faces of those who continue to post here because they actually LIKE Fly!.- David Sandberg

Well done DaveI use MS2002, Flight Unlimited III, Red Baron 3d, Pro Pilot, Warbirds & Fly,FlyIIBut dont go off to the MS2002-Flight Unlimited-Pro Pilot and miff them off.ENJOY YOUR CHOICE OF FLIGHTSIM****LIVE A LITTLE****ITS NOT THE REAL THING ITS A SIM ....now go play ;-)mmmm mmm Bye :-waveStevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'My Contributions:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/search.php?Se...=&CurrentPage=1For FREE Website Traffic go here :-eek http://www.nomorehits.com/cgi-bin/start.cg...er=steviegeebee

>But dont go off to the MS2002-Flight Unlimited-Pro Pilot and >miff them off. I DO!!! :) But it usually takes a "pot shot" reference to FS2002 from the other guy first!! :)L.Adamson

Larry,Some got to lighten up here. It is like a funeral atmosphere ...Michael J.

Guest Dean

>>Then why respond to a post that says which version of Fly! >>do you prefer? >>All right Mr.Censor, because I took liberty of assuming that >Damien (it was he who asked) would not mind if his question >"do you prefer" could also be interpreted as "did you >prefer". Sorry for not limiting myself to a narrow >interpretation of the question and apologize for any harm it >caused to the community. :-bla >>Michael J. No appology necessary Michael. It seemed like a logical question for me to ask since you don't use either of the products Damien's question was related to. Imagine if there was a post in the MSFS forum called "FS2000 or FS2002, which do you prefer?" and someone responded with a post that said "neither exists on my HD today, I use Fly II." They would be torched to no end. Especially if they stated generally inaccurate issues with the current version of the product as the reason they dumped FS.Mr. Censor -ouch, I'm deeply hurt.

Today it's about 80% Fly!II and 20% Fly!2K. I've been involved in a lot of beta project tests and DB updates for Fly!II, so I really haven't had the time to fire up 2K lately. I find Fly!II to be superior in many ways (and the future for Fly! development).Fly!2K will stay on my drive however - its unique clouds, aircraft that are very polished in flight characteristics, and its huge allotment of Terrascenery are great fun to go back to from time to time.

Randall Rocke

Guest tonyc

I have them all: fly2,fs2002, flight unlimited3, AS2, and FLanker 2.5. They all have their positive and negative sides, so when I tire of one I go to the other. What bargains!tony

I'd say Fly! II. Fly! 2k has some advantages which sadly are not to see in Fly! II (for instance, flight planning features), but apart from that... Overall, I like the newer version better.I do fly both of the sims, but normally I use the older version only for multiplayer sessions.Dave