Sign in to follow this  

Getting back into Fly! 2K....

Which was the best d@#$ sim (my opinion) developed yet. It was the only sim I felt like I was flying (Rob's flight models, VFR Terrascenery, clouds etc. etc.).....anywho, does Fly2K work on Windows XP?TIA,JasonP.S. What is needed to get back into the Fly!2k arena (patches, Squawkbox other cool addons etc.)?

Jason,Fly!2K runs great on XP. As far as what to do to get the best version of 2K going, here's what I recommend:Fly!2K comes with some of the patches and updates built-in. With that in mind, remember that you are at the ver 1.01.87 level.Included with Fly! 2K are the following items: Sky! and Infometar. Load these programs. Both Sky! and Infometar have new versions out - you'll find them right here at Avsim.com. When you install Sky!, you also add new textures to all the runways and taxiways in Fly!, so one thing you definitely won't need is the update: Runways.Next I would download the following:--Ground Control. Replaces the Fly! generic scenery with far better generic scenery.--Sky! updates and additions--Patch (VERY IMPORTANT) - the SDK 1.01.88 (User) or (Developer) upgrade. Without this patch, you won't be able to enjoy many of the latest and greatest add-ons for Fly!, including the following:--ALL of Rob Young's fantastic flight models and updates to the default Fly! aircraft. Obviously you remember these - you'll need to be at the v88 level to use them--Flyscripts! This scripting program opens up all kinds of possibilities for adventuring, ATC, you name it - in fact, it spawned:--C4TO (Cleared 4 Take Off). This fantastic program has changed the rather bad ATC of Fly! (at least it had one) to a very liveable one. In order to have the latest combo do the following: Install the first versions of Flyscripts! and C4TO. Then install the update for Flyscripts! followed by the update for C4TO and you'll be in business!--Download all of the great scenery (geographic and some airports). The majority of these are on Avsim. Great stuff here, whether satellite or Terrascene.--Terrascene II - bake your own great scenery!--Check out some of the other aircraft! Because of the complexity (and accuracy) of Fly!, aircraft are not easy to make. I would give special mention to: Rob's Learjet, a fantastic Mooney Ovation and Citabria, etc.Payware - you can't beat this stuff!--ANY of the PMDG (Precision Manuals Development Group) Airliners. The new B777 is probably the best airliner for 2K-- the Rhein-Muhr custom Fly! scenery. This is the best current scenery for Fly! (at least prior to the release of Fly II).

Randall Rocke

Thankyou for the info! Will you please email me?Jason