Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Need some more help here

Guest artl

I found T&L choking on old situations that were originally runin non-T&L mode. Remember that number 1 rule for Fly (and Fly2) problems.... remove all old hst and sit files :-)As long as I run new situations, I seem to have no problems.Right now, I have the "stock" Fly2 updated to 230, and have added Flyscripts, C4TO and Jure's cloud enhancements, with no problems.But still getting the "missing RAW file" errors, when I try to add scenery (specifially Kanold's CANDEX plus Sadabin's YKZ scenery). Still fighting with that....And, oh yes, tweaking that AGP Aperture setting up to 256 makes Fly2 hum...

Guest Lindy

You asked for my frame rates......... I normally don't pay a lot of attention to FRs. Mostly I'm interested in smooth flying performance regardless of the numbers. Prior to my upgrade I was averaging 10+ fps except in areas like Renton airfield. Since my upgrade, I'm now averaging 20+ everywhere (so far) and I LOVE it. :-yellow1-Lindy :-wave

Guest Dean

>I would have thought that a 64 mg DDR RAM video card would be able >to handle both, but apparently not. >Dean, when I patch up my version, I don't use the all >inclusive patch -- I don't even have it. I use the >inidividual patches as they were released by TRI (including >the video update). However, I shall check the dates on the >triDX files you mentioned. >Lindy,You should be able to have it all, hi-res and T&L with a 64 meg card. I'm willing to bet it's the *.dll files from the video update. If your not running version 230 I would highly recommend you download the 230 updat. Rich fixed so many things with 230 it's like a whole new sim and the new tridx files included with 230 add some of the missing visual effects like smoke, etc. BTW, you may have to check "show all files" under the view tab of Windows Explorer in order to see the dll files. Glad to hear your making progress.

Guest Sabadin

I know what you mean about my ykz scenery. Lost the original in a HD crash and am having a hard time getting the one I uploaded to work lol. PLayed around with it some more, Download tm21tp.zip from the library and copt the file Tm21_256.pod to your scenery/shared and try putting Tmykz.pod in Scenery/Tmykz. This solved some of the texture errors and let me at least run the scenery so long as I didn't let RWY 15 get into view, but I think that one is a bad file in one of the taxiway signs around RWY 15.

Good morning Dean:When you refer to the "230 update", are you refering to the version 230 patch listed in the "First Time Flyers" posting at the beginning of this Forum? If not, where can we find "230 update"?Curtis

Guest Lindy

Curtis, the all-inclusive 230 patch is right here in the Avsim Library. I did a search for "230" under the Fly!2 category and found it.-Lindy :-wave

Thank you!I'm already patched to build 230. I was just wondering if the 230 patch that you were refering to is an update to the one listed?Thanks for such a quick response.Curtis

I had the same SVERTEX problem before when I changed to the NVIDIA upgraded drivers. I would go for the highest version drivers that are for your SPECIFIC card, not the highest level drivers for the NVIDIA chipset.VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.vinscimone.com/dancnkid.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Lindy

:-wave to DeanYes, I double checked. I'm patched up to vers. 230 and the DX dll files are dated 6/18/01. I also just updated my video drivers to 30.82 but still can't run the high res AND the T&L. Bummer, but at least the sim IS working, and I can crank up my medium res radius practically to the max. That golden glow effect on the planes is nice, for sure, but I DO fly mostly INSIDE the plane. :-) So I won't really miss not having it.Someday I may figure this out, but until then....I'm content with the situation as is -- so far. Thanks for all your help, encouragement and suggestions, everyone. :-smooch-Lindy Fly!2 :-rotor

Guest artl

Further to my other post in this thread... I am new to FLY2 so doing all those experiments that others have done last year.... But I am finding for sure, that if I leave the autosave.sit file around, after exit from FLY2, then the next run will definitely have the "DrawIndexPrimitive SVertex failed" error sooner or later. And IMMEDIATLEY, if I try to change cameras.And if I remove it, it seems I can fly (T&L) all day with no problem (okay, okay... at least for 15 minutes and multiple camera changes :-) ). There has to be a problem in the way FLY2 loads the startup sit file, because even if I just copy the Autosave.sit to the Saved Simulations folder, with a different name, and load it from the menu, it will run "ok" (except for the fly-by camera which gives the wierd "rays from a single point" visual.... I remember chatter about that last year, but have not bothered to look it up yet... AND, of course, the usual problems of all sit files: not saving the state of the GPS, nor of the mixture control... probably others I haven't found yet... but I digress.)I was doing my testing in the vicinity of an airport with the modified Canadian taxiways, because that was one of my suspects... so that also may, or may not, have had an effect. Early morning low-sun-angle hazy light, with an eerie yellow glow on the plane and the buildings, specifically chosen to prove that there was a difference between T&L and no T&L. From the library, I had added the Flyscripts and C4TO, the TerraScene TMI21_256 and Meigs, the Canadian CANDEX2 mavaids update, plus the Canadian Taxiways, including both the new and the replacements for FLY originals. I was trying to "Prove" which of those was the culprit and at this point, the only "culprit" is autosave.sit.I have to admit, now that I have a system to run it, I can sort of see what all the fuss is about.... why so many wanted to "save" the Fly series.......ASUS V8420 deluxe 128mb videoASUS A7V333 mb, 1Gb memoryAMD 2200+Art.

Hallo Artl,The question of the missing raw files , is something quiet simple.Mostly this message appears at add-on airports.The message missing Data/d02171/fulltex4.raw is quiet common.also fulltex 1,2,3 .Go to your Scenery folder,open the Nydata.pod.Extract fulltex1.raw , fulltex2.raw ect.(with podview)Rename the data D*** folder to whatever folder is asked for in the message,mostly the D02171 folder.Place this D02171 folder containing the four *.raw files in the data folder.It works with me.( you can do this trick with any file what`s asked for, in the same way)Cheers

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Sabadin

I know there used to be a bug with autosave where if anything such as scenery was altered it would have problems. But I don't recall if it was fully fixed.

Ihave recently had the same error problem pretty much mirror image my situation is that I can only run in 640 x 480 any of the other settings it will run but when I change camera veiwing by rotatating to a 4 oclock in any veiwing I get the draw indexedprimtive Svertex failed message.can anyone give me some help:-)

We really need a lot more information:--System specs--OS Version--Video drivers--Fly!II version (patch level)

Randall Rocke

ok here they are--System specs AMD athlon 1100 ghz / 512 mb pc100 /dir x 8.1--OS Version original 98/ upgraded to ME--Video drivers ATI radeon 32 mb shows up as radeon 7200 latest drivers for ME--Fly!II version (patch level)230 updatedhope this helps:-kewl