Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Need some more help here

Thanks - that's a start.What are your graphic settings in the sim (hi-res, med-res, T&L, etc.)? Would you also copy in your Render.ini file so we can check the settings there?

Randall Rocke

OK here the low down,I'm using T&L ( if I choose to run the other's IE DIR 7 and DIR 8 I get a flickering images or nothing works.Here is my render file knock yourself out!!![Graphics]mipLevelCount=8vertexIndexFormat=1premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=0maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=32maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=896maxTextures64=16[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0awaiting your reply many thanks by the way the simulator works just fine in 640 x 480 only problem is I have a 17" screen and it seems to be consumed by the panel.>:-) Monkey_boy

parameter is actually a setting, I believe, that was added so that those with ATI cards could use Fly!II - this setting should be at 0 for most users.Here's where I believe your main problem is: you are probably running the updated video drivers that came with the update patches (the tri*.dll files). These video drivers are upgrades for nVidia chip-based cards only (GeForce, etc.) and are not compatible with ATI cards and other non-nVidia cards.In order for Fly!II to run properly with your card, you must have saved the old tri*.dll files. The patches overwrite these files with new ones (incompatible with your card). You would then copy the old video files back in and start Fly!II.If you didn't save the old drivers, I may have them set aside in my system somewhere - there are probably others who have saved them and could send them to you (they're small in size).If you don't have or can't obtain these files, then I would recommend uninstalling Fly!II, making sure to delete the directories also. Then do a clean install, patch up to level 210 and save copies of the tri*.dll files. Next patch yourself up to level 230. Copy your old video files over the new and you should be able to run with your ATI after adjusting the graphics settings and render.ini file.

Randall Rocke

many thanks,I now have been able to run in 1078 x 768 and after receiving the old dll files, I can now get the DIR 8 setting to work correct but not the T&l setting as I get the same message also when I put all the older DLL files into the FLY file and started up the sim the Video card was not recognized. So I left out the following two DLL files Tridx8xtl.B345.dll and Tridx8.B345.dllalso the render file INI for the vertexIndexFormat=0 and not 1 because this will crash the SIM,FYI I had to also get rid of auto save file and camera save file and then restart this then got me back up and running.I would obviously like to get the T&L setting running prpoperly any suggestions.thanks monkey_boyPS can anyone give me directions to get the GPS ping file for the fly hawk trainer as I cannot remember where to find it ( the original is really annoiying )

Monkey guy,I doubt this is your current problem, but check that useEnvLighting=1 is set in your render.ini file. If you ever get T&L working, you will need this parameter operational in order to get the advanced lighting effects.I would recommend that you make a new post asking for ATI users to come forward on this issue. There are probably some who have the proper combination of settings and drivers to make this function. I recall someone posted that he had to go back two driver generations for his ATI to get it to function properly, though I don't know if it was on this specific issue.As far as the sound update for the GPS is concerned, it is a free download from RealAir Simulations: http://www.realairsimulations.com/home.htmlLeen - thanks for posting a link to the old DLLs! We really need to post these in the Avsim file library, as many people don't read the first time user FAQs, and delete these files - then it's too late!

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall,check that useEnvLighting=1 is set in your render.ini file.Never seen this line in the render ini files.I have several FLY2 programs running on four PC`s butall my render ini are without this line.Can you tell me something about this?About the old dll`s.Last time we see a lot of people asking for different old ,lost ormissing files.I cannot understand this because the solution is so simple.Just install FLY2 somewhere on any harddisk write this to aCD.It is a great spare-parts-store.I just took my FLY2 unpatched CD and put the dll`s on my website.Everybody should have spare-parts-cd`s.I have a compleet backup for my FLY2 on six cd`s and a few months agoI bought a new PC.After installing WIN-XP it took only a small hour and I was FLY2-ing again.With a good backup it is like plug and play.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen,Whoops! The parameter I referred to is in the Fly.ini file.Backups are important, but I have about 7 versions of Fly!II I'm using right now (I'm a beta team member), so my main Fly!II clean backup is v230. I'm fairly certain that my personal Fly!II files backup CD contains the v210 original tri*.dlls - just wanted to be sure I didn't send him the wrong stuff.

Randall Rocke

Hi Monkey_boyI have had the same problem with the vertex-error.When I use T&l and high detail textures in combination withantialiasing FLY" crashes during changing camera-views or frlying overbuildings.Without antaliasing (AA) there are no problems.Using T&L and NOT using high detail textures antialiasing works greatand the vertex problem is gone.So this goes for meT&L + high detail textures + anti antialiasing = troubleT&L + high detail textures without AA = no troubleT&L + AA without high detail textures = no troubleGive it a trygreets

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints