Sign in to follow this  
michal

Thank you TRI for the Fly! series

I've not posted in this forum for more than a year or so.Just wanted to say thanks to TRI (most especially to RichardHarvey) for introducing me to Flight Sims.Fly!/Fly!2K was the first flight simulator I purchased simplybecause it looked like a product that would provide a verydetailed and rich simulation environment. It did. I was hooked.I continued with the Fly! series through Fly!II, but alas Ifound it to be more of a challenge (on my PC with lower specs)than Fly!2K. Sure, both versions have pros and cons, but theFly! series as a whole is indeed a terrific product.I've since been using FS2K2 and thoroughly enjoying it's nicefeatures (and of course working through the few bugs ...).Again, just wanted to say THANKS from a relatively new flightsimmer who is thoroughly enjoying this hobby. I've truly learnedMUCH more about real flying by using flight simulators and readingposts on AVSIM than I would from reading a book. Plus, it's fun!JerryGP.S. If I ever work up the courage (and of course save some $$$), I may study and take lessons for a PPL .... someday .... maybe ....

Just a bump after reading Rich's lastest post ...Prayers are with you, Rich!JerryG

I agree and also thank TRI. Their FLY was a courageous debut in the field of flight sim. And they introduced quite a few novelties. I don't think Microsoft borrowed anything from FLY's famous cockpits but 3-rd party vendors like Phoenix, Flight1, FSD, Dreamfleet certainly took notice and nowadays FLY's influnce in this area is felt almost everywhere.Michael J.