Sign in to follow this  

low FPS and wierd ground textures

Just recently I bought Fly!2 and upon installing and running it I have extremely LOW fps when in the outside view so slow to the point that I can't get to the cockpit view (where I can get good FPS) sometimes. Can anyone tell me how to correct this? Another thing is that when flying I see the ground and it looks as though the aircraft textures are plastered to the ground. Any help would be appreciated. But otherwise I love the game because its got nice cockpits and clouds and flight dynamics.Thanks in advanceGrant Z.P.S. I've got a voodoo 3 card but otherwise meet system requirements.

Guest Sabadin

Sounds like the same thing my old V5 did if I used DX7 rendering. If you are using DX7 try changing it to DX8 when you start up Fly2 and see if that does the trick.

Grant,As I recall, when used with a Voodoo card, you must use 16 bit color graphics using the DirectX 7 renderer.

Randall Rocke

Dear Grant,I NEVER saw Fly! II running fine with Voodoo3 cards (believe me, I tried a lot with a friend a long time ago). Sorry about that, but there is no option or render.ini that works. Maybe it is time to get another videocard - Nvidia chipset works very nice with Fly! series.Cheers, Keyton Cabral

Hi, I confirm what Keyton just said... I had a Voodoo 3 three years ago, but unfortunately, you can forget it with fly2!.What do you mean by meeting system requirements... What is said on the box is the minimum for the program to run.Cheers