Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jan

Want to reduce size of chopper panels

Guest Lindy

Is there a way to reduce the size of the panels in the Bell 407s? They take up well over 50 percent of the screen and it is impossible for me to see where I'm going, much less where I want to land.I can change my eyepoint, but that really isn't as much help as I'd like. I need to see more ground real estate. Thanks for any help.-Lindy :-wave

Lindy,You can't reduce the panel, but you can customize a mini panel by dragging the gauges you want/need off the panel, then hiding the panel with Shift+C. I actually forgot the keystroke (can someone jump in here?) but you either Shift-Click or Ctrl-Click the gauge you want to "tear it off" the panel, then you can drag it anywhere on the screen you want. This way you could place all your critical flight gauges where you want on the screen, then hide the main panel, and still fly with maximum visibility but still with all your critical gauges visible.Rich

Guest Lindy

Thanks Rich, that sounds like a plan! :DAnd now that you bring it up, I do recall that you can 'tear off' gauges, but since I never had need to do that before, I didn't think of it. I know I have documentation about that someplace.So I'll give that a try.Thanks again and I hope things are going well for you and your family. -Lindy :-wave

Guest Jan

Hello Lindy.Is this a good view? Had a Cessna engine in it, and all the gauges but lost everything after a PC crash.Have to rebuild everything.Maybe I send you the files when finished. :)Jan

Guest Lindy

Well, Jan, that certainly does give a better forward view while flying the 407s (or whatever chopper you ARE flying!!) Did you replace the panel in the 407 or are you working on another model for Fly!2? If so, put my name on the list to get one. :D (And if you DID replace the panel in the 407, HOW???)I discovered a little trick (while trying Rich's suggestion). Yes, you can "tear off" individual gauges and fly that way. OF course you'll be looking at disembodied instruments which does detract slightly from the realism. :-rollWhat I found out was if you hold the Ctrl key (use the Shift key for "tearing off"), your cursor turns into a hand and you can shift the entire panel around the screen. I was able to move the panel a little down and a little more to the left. Then when I raise my eye level a bit, I have a more useful view.-Lindy :-wave

Guest Jan

It's the 407 turned in to a 47, so its both a new helo and a new panel for the 407, depending how you see it :) Some altering of theWorld and Panel files, som new images, and voila,a new helo.Glad youare figuring out your settings.Jan

You could also try to click one of the small grey squares on the upper end of the screen. Then you