Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Fly! II aircraft

Hi,I have questions about Fly! II aircraft. What are the real equivalents to Fly! II aircraft? Is Flyhawk 172 the same as Cessna Skyhawk 172? Is Sahara Single the same as Piper Mirage? Is Hawaker 800TR the same as Hawaker 800XP? I do not know what is the real equivalent for Kodiak Twin. If yes, why does Fly! II use different names? Thank you very much.Regards,Eddy

Guest Sabadin

The kodiak is a Piper PA-31 Navajo. They had to use different names because the licence for the Piper aircraft was too expensive, and the licence for Cessna was exclusive to Microsoft at the time.

Guest dajackman

God I h@te Microsoft.....This is how I found fly!. I refuse to use their crap!

Guest Allan Jones

LOL Jackman!I thought the Sahara was a Malibu. I gotta hang around airports more!

>God I h@te Microsoft..... >>This is how I found fly!. I refuse to use their crap! Too Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.................. because you're missing out on one of the finest aircraft to ever hit sim land; the Marchetti SF260 by RealAir Simulations. Of course, Rob Young of FLY and the V88's fame did the excellent flight dynamics for this FS2002 bird.If you didn't have this thing up your ....(pick a word).... about Microsoft, then you'd realize that using different simulations will give you the best of all possible choices when it comes to simming.Of course you refuse to use it, therefor I doubt you'd know what's crap and what isn't!!L.Adamson

Guest Fly II Pilot

Larry:Technically, in his message, he just said Microsoft. I thought the settings for the trigger words in your Avsim forum scanner software (developed jointly by the CIA and FBI) Version 6.23.12 ;-) were "Text must contain: 'Microsoft Flight Simulator' or 'MSFS2000' or 'MSFS2002' or 'MSFS2K' or 'MSFS2K2'". If you just leave it as 'Microsoft' you'll have a lot of false alarms... :-lolMaybe you already got the new 6.23.13 Beta Version of the Avsim forum scanner software which detects logical links between different messages within a thread. :-lolCouldn't resist... ;-)Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CT

Guest Dean

>God I h@te Microsoft..... >>This is how I found fly!. I refuse to use their crap! I saw this post earlier and was gonna ask "Uh oh, where's Larry?" But NOOOOOO, for some irrational reason I become PC and just pass on commenting. :-lol

Microsoft/FLY ------- trigger words :)edit: a few more ----- hate Microsoft, M$, Micro$oft

:-lol :-lol :-lol But at least I'm fair-------- (most of the time) :)If someone writes a "somewhat rotten" post/reply on the "other" forums regarding FLY, then I splash around a few of those FLYII/SoCal screenshots. Usually does the trick! :)L.Adamson

Guest Eagle

Thanks Larry for visiting that "other" forum and informing the uneducated of what a great sim FLY is.

Guest dajackman

Well to be fair I did try Microsoft's sim. I had a really old version and I have tried the latest 2002 pro I think. It was better then older versions, However I will stick with Fly2!. Fly2! to me "feels" like I am sitting in a cockpit. With Flightsim I just couldn't get that feeling. And to be even more fair, I was tempted about a year ago to try MS Flight Sim again. I was having all kinds of problems with SB for fly. It didn't take me long to come running home to Fly2!. Hope I didn't start a sim or an OS war, that was not my intention. However I will keep my Linux box with a small windows partition just for Fly2!.

>Fly2! to me "feels" like I am sitting in a cockpit. >With Flightsim I just couldn't get that feeling. >No argument about FLY/FLYII cockpits. I like them too, and always have.There probably is more available for MSFS than you've tried, or are aware of. The following two pics are 3rd party aircraft and scenery which really gives a feeling of being there ------ also!And yes, I'm taking the liberty of posting other sim shot's here, but I'd do the same for FLY/FLYII. :) Dreamfleet Cardinal/Lago Bryce Canyon scenery -- paywareBTW---- this panel doesn't scroll like FLY's, but by mouse clicking on "hot spots" towards the top (glare shield), you can get right side or variations of upper partial panels. By clicking on various gauges, you also get magnified digital readouts, or even covered up gauges if wanted.L.Adamson

Guest dajackman

I have to say that does look cool! And yes, all the add-on for MS Flight Sim does make it difficult to stay away from sometimes. I'm not saying I hate Microsoft's Flight Sim, I really dislike the Company as a whole. One reason I will never own an X-Box. Vote with your wallet...Anyway, I think I'm done ranting...