Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

Good things coming(pic)

Guest tonyc

Here's the screen of the new FSbuild that is now in beta and I am lucky enough to be testing it for FLY2, Infometar and Autoweather. Things are looking good, and this flight planner will add very powerful choices to flight planning.tony

Guest Lindy

If it makes it easier to locate an airport in the Flight Planner, I'm all for it! :-jumpyThe current method in the Fly!2 Flight Planner is useless unless you already know the name or ID of the airport you want. I think this was one of the things Rich and his ad hoc group were hoping to improve in the next patch, but work on the patch depends on member availability and time. There is no guarantee one will ever be produced. I'm not complaining -- just stating the way it is. Good luck.-Lindy :-wave

Guest tonyc

Lindy,You can download fsbuild1.4 and start working with it. All you need to do is enter your departure and destination airports and Fsbuild will generate a flight plan for you and will create an adventure file which will start your flight from the departure point and have the flight plan entered in the gps of a FLYaircraft. Additionally, if you want weather, it will allow you to automatically create weather withINfometar and, if you want all of this to be done automatically, Autoweather 1.01 will see to it that FLY2 start the flight with the weather automatically. All of this is available already. FSBuild2 will simply add more features, sucha as a map, as well as other very powerful features.tony

Am I wrong, or is it going to be... a shareware ? :-( Yves

Guest tonyc

i believe that it will be a shareware, but it will provide great value. If not, grab 1.4 while it's still available.tony

Guest Dean

>If it makes it easier to locate an airport in the Flight >Planner, I'm all for it! :-jumpy >>The current method in the Fly!2 Flight Planner is useless >unless you already know the name or ID of the airport you >want. I think this was one of the things Rich and his ad >hoc group were hoping to improve in the next patch, but work >on the patch depends on member availability and time. There >is no guarantee one will ever be produced. I'm not >complaining -- just stating the way it is. >>Good luck. >>-Lindy :-wave Lindy,Refresh my memory, in the current version 230, can you search by state, city or partial name?

>believe that it will be a shareware, but it will provide great >value. If not, grab 1.4 while it's still available.I just want to note, my plans are to keep version 1.4 freely available after the release of ver 2.RegardsErnie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Lindy

Refresh my memory, in the current version 230, can you search by state, city or partial name? Search by state? -NopeSearch by city? -Nopesearch by name? -YesMakes it a bit difficult to locate an airport when you don't know the name or how it's spelled. The original Fly! and Fly!2K had a much more efficient locator, IMO.-Lindy :-wave