Sign in to follow this  

A FIRST FOR FS!!!!! PITCHING PROP BLADES!!!!!

Okay. I just got done testing a new feature that's a first for FS! Pitching prop blades! That's right! You move the prop control lever, and the blades change pitch!!!!I'll have proof as a simple aircraft file here in a bit! It just contains a simple prop I did in Gmax, to test this feature. But it's a first!!!

Already built into the new PSS Dash 8 300:)

Well, I've had this "working" model now for quiet a few months. One of my friends finally convinced me to release it.

4 PHX1Ain't seen yours and I don't recall you mentioning it. Why did you have to rain on his parade? You got to be first or what?Best Regards,Bob

Another feature added to the list here. I just finished testing it with a basic box.Squishing tires!!!!I'll update the model a tad so it looks more like a tire. I'll then upload it later. Don't have the time right now. I'm uploading the prop one first.

I can vouch for Jon, he showed me his idea a couple of months ago.

If you've got 'em show 'em. It seems PSS is a little too concerned with taking credit for unproven "firsts" and not concerned enough with past promises made. BTW where can I download the Dash 8? Oops, not ready yet? No problem, I'll just download the patch for the PSS747 and fly the FS2002 sky. Oops, not ready yet? No problem, I'll just download the patch for the PSS777 and.......Trip

Trip, that's funny. We all laugh now but when Graham has had enough and pulls the plug on PSS for good.....Some of us won't be laughing. I'm not syaing he is going to or is thinking about it (I would never know anyway), I have seen others who designed planes quit due to the constant bashing.

Eric 

Still can't beat the looks of this PSS aircraft-------- can you?Old pic, but I keep throwing it out when needed to remind (whoever) of some of the nice work PSS does! PSS AirbusL.Adamson

>I have seen others who designed planes quit due to the constant bashing. Then they are too thin skinned to be in business, I guess.MikeKOCF

>Okay. I just got done testing a new feature that's a first >for FS! Pitching prop blades! That's right! You move the >prop control lever, and the blades change pitch!!!! >>I'll have proof as a simple aircraft file here in a bit! It >just contains a simple prop I did in Gmax, to test this >feature. But it's a first!!! Congrats on the first RELEASED aircraft with variable pitch props. Great job Jonathan. And best of all, it's FREEWARE.MikeKOCF

Oh, they do nice work, but there is alot to be said for the guys who do it for an an "attaboy" or favorable post, and nothing else.MikeKOCF

Ever been heckled so much about your work that you cannot be bothered putting up with it? Ever been on the brink of nervous breakdown because of what you've had to put up with? Making aircraft has nothing to do with being too thin-skinned. Designers don't have to listen to anyone (expecially freeware). Their model, their choice. I was nervous releasing the Debonair model because of what I've seen people do to Mr Mike Stone in this forum about his models...and my skills arnt nearly as good as his. Not as easy as what it looks.BTW, congrats on getting the prop pitch to work!! I'm still trying to figure out how to get the lever to move in the VC!! :-lolhttp://homepages.paradise.net.nz/edenw/fs_banner_je4.jpg Think highly of yourself, for the world takes you at your estimate -Anon

Well, one things for sure. Either they will learn some customer-relations skills of they will, indeed, be out of business. I haven't "bashed" PSS nearly to the degree they have "bashed" their customers. I'm sure Graham will stay in business as long as it's profitable to do so. And when PSS has gone, someone else will be there to take their place.