Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

What's your favorite VFR scenery?

I was thinking - let's all contribute to everyone's enjoyment of Fly! by telling all what their favorite VFR ground scenery is. On top of that, maybe some TerraModels developers can work up all the airports in the selected areas, greatly enhancing the flying experience.My personal favorites include the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Salt Lake City and surrounding area, and the Grand Canyon in the Western US. In Europe, I love flying in the Swiss Alps, and thanks to both ROTW and Danny Mason, there are also wonderful airports to land at --- some in the Alps that are particularly challenging.Contributions please....-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

VFR. These days, I'm biased towards KAGC to KBFD, KAGC or JST or AOO to KMDT, all in Pennsylvania. The airports haven't been modeled yet, I believe.

Hi, chezz:Hqw was this (your) scenery done? I would like to do the same for my area...Normanm Oklahoma.thanksblk

Guest chezz

blk, still on the process of hand painting this scenery and merge with terascence;) just in time for the holidays..chrisrpll

Guest Dean

Anywhere with interesting features done in TS2. I'v done a good chunk of CA in TS2 so I like Tahoe/SFO or SFO/LAX.

Guest dajackman

My poor old PC can't handle all that awsome scenery...Hopefully Santa will help me out. Yep, I'm still using stock scenery:(

Guest jsippy

My Favourite Fly! VFR scenery has to be "Chicago Ultima" versions 1 and 2 by Dominique Normand. (They can be found in the AVSIM original Fly! library)---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Hi David!I've re-loaded FLY! (FLY!2 is always loaded) and I'm absolutely amazed at Norman Cleesattel's Atlanta Hartsfield!There is really something to be said about the original FLY! !!Thanks and Regards,

Bart! You mean you never got Todd's rendition of the River area?? SHAME ON YOU!! ;-) You could have included a similar angle shot from Fly! 1.0, ya know... Ah, well... All in good fun, eh? :-beerchugKen WoodCNN International Weather :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

I thought you might have done that, Bart..As for me, my favorite area is southern Maine - which I'm slowly putting together south to north.Cheers,Ken WoodCNN International Weather :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster