Sign in to follow this  

should I buy FlyII

Hello,I have been flying Fly 2k on my Mac a few years ago. When I upgraded to FlyII, it was impossible to fly on my Mac (slide show -- 5 fps). So I got tired of my Mac and bought a pc. I have been flying X-Plane and Falcon 4.0 for a year now. But I still remember many good flying hours with Fly. So I have been contemplating buying Fly II for my pc and then PMDG's Boeing 777 (I prefer flying heavies).I have read some threads here and understood that Fly II will not continue to be developed, at least not as it looks now.My question to this forum is, Would you recommend me to buy Fly II? Is it worth it? I have a rather powerful pc (Athlon XP1900+, Gforce 3 Ti500, 1 Gb RAM, 60 Gb HD, Windows XP). Will I get decent frame rates even in high quality graphics?best rgdsZorropisa

Guest tonyc

FLY2 and your system will work just fine. Expect to average 20+fps with everything on. This will be very smooth, but remember some render.ini tweaking will be expected. Go ahead. Support is still very good around here and from some very good developers. A quick look at available files will tell you that FLY2 can provide great fun at minimum expense.tony

Guest Javier

It is not longer on production, so grab one while it lasts. You should get it at a very very low price now.;)

Guest dajackman

I saw a boxed copy in BJ's (kinda like Sams club, wholesale club) the other day for $10!! I should have picked it up for a backup. Anyway, I don't think Fly!2 is going anywere, there may never be a Fly!3...but Fly2! I think is worth the upgrade!

Guest artl

There is always a copy or two kicking around on ebay, bidding usually under $15. I have seen one SOLD for under $9.00 within the last month. Art.

Guest tonyc

Those panels are available at simvol. Look up their simvol dc9.tony

Guest dajackman

Can you provide the url for the download. I can't read french and having trouble finding it....

Note:You also need the original Air Canada DC930 file to make it work. Look under Air Canada in the FLYII aircraft section.L.Adamson

Guest Javier

The original Panel is from the HUGHES DC9 (available at Avsim Library ) , I modified the Upper Right view and the Floor view, I also have the Back view from Mexicana ( passenger'a hall ). It is still Work in progress and just eye candy ( no instrument working ).So far I have the permission from the Author of 2 of the Photographs ( the upper right and the floor ) but I need permission from the Author of the Back and lower right views as well as from the Original Hughes DC 9 panel off course.Regards.Javier

Guest Javier

As far as I know, the Air Canada DC9 only has a Front Panel ( by Roberto Viggetti I think ). I didn't notice the side views until the release of the Hughes Air West DC9 but the documentation doesn't mention nothing about the side views ( who did it ).I think the interior side views are from Roger Mazengarb, I only used the right, up right and left sides, credit goes in big part to him, I just got permission from the Author of the Photos and pasted the front panel and got some other nice views ( Floor, Engineers panel, etc ) .. too bad I don't know how to design switches and buttons to make them work.By the way.. Roger could you e-mail me your authorization to use part of your views? It is all for freeware.my e-mail: javierrdz1@hotmail.comThanks.Javier

I added the Air Canada DC9 because the documentation said it was required due to the other file being only a repaint. It does have the side and back views, but the panel is somewhat different (the top glareshield section)Edit..... ot perhaps it's the re-paint that includes the other views. I don't know, since I had an "error" with out adding the Air Canada.L.Adamson