Sign in to follow this  

Enhancing Puerto Rico with Terrascene and Pascal's tips

Hello,Well, I got laid off from my job and since I have nothing else to do, I decided to redo Puerto Rico using the great Pascal's tips and Terrascene. I've created "actions" or macros for Photoshop 7 to automate the task a little bit. After some experiments, I took some shots. Which one is better?

Sirsanka,I'm VERY pleased to see that finally someone uses my tutorial!!!Thanks a lot for showing the result!It's really nice! Which datas did you use? It seems very accurate!Since you ask, I prefer the second screenshot, altough I would prefer lighter shadows, they seem a bit hard, and the forests'shadows seem quite regular... (only my 2 cents, please don't change anything if you like it this way! :-) )Could you tell me if any parts of the tutorial where difficult to understand? I've not had much feedback, so I couldn't really help the people who started to work with it.Ask me if you need help or advices!I hope you will distribute this very good scenery!Best Regards!Pascal

Hi Pascal,Thanks for you feedback!Your tutorial is very good, but I got some trouble following the parts where you do "Apply Image" or "Apply Calculations". Photoshop had by default Blend:Multiply instead of Normal hence I could not match some of the screen shots of the tutorial but by experimenting, I got it right.Yep, the shades of the buildings are too dark. The reason is that I mixed the forest areas with the urban areas in the map project. I'll keep experimenting!You know, I was thinking that your tips could be used in the FS2002 textures as well. Have you tried that?Thanks!

Guest jsippy

Pascal,This may seem like a dumb question, but where can I view your tutorials for TS?---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Ah...another unemployed person who has more time to work on Fly!2 projects. I know how you feel. :) This situation creates mixed emotions for me. I hope we both find work soon.

That scenery looks awesome, if only Geneva, the alpes could look like that, it would be great!!!Hope you guys will find work soon... I know what it feels like, my father went thru that a few years agocheers and good luck

Guest jsippy

Thanks Mate!---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB