Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Concerns C4TO with Fly!2K

I have been looking in the Forum Search, but very little comes concerning problems with C4TO install. I have a serious problem. I simply can not get it working on Fly2K. It works perfectly with Fly!2, so where is my mistake?I have Win XP Pro and patched up to 1.0.1.88 included.I have installed gradually all the flyscripts versions from first released up to 1.2.1.I have also installed, step by step, atcv1, then c4to1.0, then 1.1 and finally the patch 1.1.1.All the waves files from the distinct versions are also in my Sound folder.Flyscripts! is with the ! :-)At the stage of version 1.1, I have a terrible enoying resound in the speakers which makes impossible to hear properly the messages.Once I install last patch 1.1.1, I get an access of violation!Why I can not get it functioning as with Fly!2.Anybody else this problem?I you need anymore details, please ask me.Thank you very much for your help.Fly!2K for VFC is THE simulator I like best :-).With best regardsRakham

Hello mon cher RakhamDid you switch off the default Fly! ATC before using C4TO

Hi, my dear Azzurro! What a long time I have not heard from you!:-):-)Yes I did removed the ATC sound as I also did for Fly!2.I have now removed this program from Fly! and will continue flying VFC with the internal ATC :-(Have a good time.Best regards and thanks for your help.Tant

Rakham,It looks like you have a conflict between versions or multiple versions loaded at the same time. You also list a version of C4TO I've never heard of, so I'm a little concerned as to what you've installed. Let's go over all the proper parts:--Fly!scriptsInstall Version 1.2 (there is no need to install any version before that)Install the Version 1.21 Patch (At that point, be sure to delete the following files from the Fly!scripts directory if you have them: GPWS.fse, HelloFly.fse, Airspeed.fse, EngineFail.fse)--Cleared 4 TakeoffInstall Version 1.0Install the Version 1.1 Update - When you install the update, you must remove atcv1.fse from the Flyscripts! directory, or you will get a conflict with the patch file: c4tov11.fse. Also, you need the fp.rio file placed in the Flyscripts! directory. I would also recommend setting aside the file: enginefail.fsc in a backup location and not using it for now.I have never heard of a version 1.1.1, so I don't know what you have there or where you got it! I would recommend that you not use it.Here's what your three effective directories should have now:--Flyscripts!: c4tov11.fse, fp.rio (after you start using it, C4TO may add a log file)--ModulesPC - Flyscripts.dll--Sound: all the wav files from Flyscripts, C4TO and their updatesRemember that C4TO in Fly!2K works differently than the Fly!II version - you must save your flight plan in the Flyscripts!FP.RIO file, or it won't work.Good luck!

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall!I must confess that I was expecting your reply on this one!:-) Sorry to say so. But this is now real profesionalism answer.Ok, I went through all of it step by step as you explain.Indeed I had all those files you tell me to delete. I did so. Results:still not working.At least now the sound is clear!:-) I can open the program up to when I request to taxi. At that point I get an Access violation :-(!I checked it all over. seems install is OK until request taxi. I will try a re-install but short way now of Fly!2K :-(Thank you very much for your precious help.RakhamPS: version 111 must be a rename I did myself!

Ok, it works now!:-) Thanks for your informations.I installed again but this time I started with version Fly!1 and all the patches.Must be something wrong with my version Fly!2k. In fact, even the screen display changes all the time from cockpit, outside, etc. Thought this might be something to do with my VGA card (GeForce3 TI200) but since it works very well with the other programms, must be something else.Best regards, RandallRakham

Glad to hear it, Rakham. :-) As far as youre GeForce card is concerned, be certain to download the current driver from nVidia for the best results.

Randall Rocke