Sign in to follow this  
Cpudan80

Patch and health status (11-13-02)

Richard,I've never met you and as I live in Scandinavia we live worlds apart. Still your written words here on AVSIM has always told me that this is a remarkable man of great integrity. I'm at a loss of words now and can only wish you get well again. I'm not a religious person so I can't say a prayer, but I will keep you in my thoughts. I guess thinking positive thoughts is my way of saying a prayer.Take care,KristerFinland

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest rene_35

Dear Richard,Just a few words on behalf of our group and of the French Fly! community to express our gratitude, not only for the Fly! series which may seem trivial in these difficult moments, but above all for a much greater achievement : bringing so many people together thanks to your vision and your dedication. Our thoughts are with you and your family. The ROTW group

Richard,I dont know what to say other than your strength, dignity and vision is a huge example to all of us.Life can be so unfair and hold so much pain for some of us and it does make you wonder "why" especially when those people are good people who dont deserve the trash that life deals them.Keep up the fight as I know you will and get your strength not from the food you consume but the food of abundant love that comes from your family and friends.Peter :-(

My prayers are with you Rich.God Bless You.Jim Dillman

Richard-I hope you can truely know the joy and smiles you have brought topeople with your work. If you could see the smile on my son's facewhen he watches me fly through the clouds I'm sure it would bringa smile to your face too. Spend your time with your family andenjoy them. Our prayers are with you. Here is a poem I read whenmy mother was going through a similar situation. I hope you find itcomforting.Don Leuenberger----------------------------------------------------------------Footprints (Author Unknown)One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along thebeach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: onebelonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back atthe footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along thepath of his life there was only one set of footprints. He alsonoticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in hislife. This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that once I decided to follow You, You'd walk withme all the way. But I've noticed that during the most troublesometimes in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don'tunderstand why when I needed You the most You would leave me."The Lord replied, "My son, My precious child, I love you and wouldnever leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when yousee only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Dearest Richard,I believe that nothing happens by chance; everything happens for a reason, although we may not always understand it.The universe is moving along as it should.Know that you have touched countless lives, directly or indirectly, and the universe is a better place for it.My way of saying thanks, and I will keep praying for peace to be with you and yours.Much love,Christian MalbeufP.S. We have never met, but if ever we do someday:"May a star shine upon the hour of our meeting."

Hi Rich, May you happy, May you be safe, May you be peaceful, May you be take care of your self happily May you be heal May you be healthy May you find true peace & happiness Be mindful all the way!B/Regards..Alex Ooi(Malaysia FlyI & FlyII user)

Guest Wayne Smith

Rich,I will always remember our brief conversation at the AVSIM conference in Reno. I'm sorry that we didn't get to talk more, and that I couldn't stay for the awards dinner.Thank-you for your amazing dedication, and for the tremendous contributions that you have made to the world of flight simulation with the Fly series, and especially helicopter flight simulation in Fly2. I'm sure that my fellow rotorheads and I will be flying the '407 for many years to come, and we'll be thinking of you every time we "lift" into the skies.My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.Sincerely,WayneMetro7

Rich,Like so many others, it's hard to know what to say or how to say it. I feel a lump in my throat when I read this post of your's. I hope for a miracle for you, and know that many of us are with you and your family. You have been an inspiration to us all. Bruce.

Guest WilliamD

Hey Rich,When I was in the 6th grade my teacher made me memorize a poem. I didn't realize at the time how dear it would become to me, but it has gotten me through several very hard times. It's entitled "To a Waterfowl"WHITHER, midst falling dew, While glow the heavens with the last steps of day, Far, through their rosy depths, dost thou pursue Thy solitary way? Vainly the fowler's eyeMight mark thy distant flight to do thee wrong, As, darkly seen against the crimson sky, Thy figure floats along. Seek'st thou the plashy brink Of weedy lake, or marge of river wide, Or where the rocking billows rise and sink On the chafed ocean-side? There is a Power whose care Teaches thy way along that pathless coast

Mr HarveyEven though I have never met you, I have tears in my eyes after reading the front page on AVSIM. You are the biggest imspiration to me because of how you fight health problems over the years and you might have read here that I have a brain tumor that seems to be going away. I was so happy to see you well after your last treatment, you gave me hope. Now to hear the bad news terrifies me. I am literaly scared senseless because I don't know how I am gonna be in the future. Please leave any patches and spend your time with your family. Remember that I will always, always remember you and you will be an inspiration to be forever.Take careMike

To RichMy heart is crying reading your post. :'( Your dedication and honesty have made a worldwide community come together. Rich you have pulled miracles so fare. Now make another!I feel very sad that life has turned this way.My thoughts goes to you and your family.Thanks for your honesty.God Speed Richard Harvey!Henrik ThoegersenDenmark

Rich, I was terribly saddened by hearing the bad news.. after having considered attending the Reno Avsim conference, but not going because of the distance, I now realise that I missed an opportunity that I would have cherished, meeting you face to face.I want you to know that you have touched many people, near and far..it was an exciting time when Fly first came out, and through several patches and many postings on the forums, I felt that I had a direct relationship with you and the Fly team, which is truly unique in my experience as a flightsimmer. I will always remember that when I got stuck with a particular graphics question, you took the time to send me a personal reply with every detail I could wish for..Rich, you and the team should know that the "well loved" Fly program is still on my desktop, and that I still get a thrill out of starting up the engines and going for a flight in one of your great aircraft! I wish you and your family lots of strength in dealing with this latest challenge! One of your "faraway friends",from Toronto, Canada,

Bert

Richard,I am terribly sad to hear about your cancer coming back, and that you have so little time left.As you have an extraordinary love for this Hobby and its participants, I would like to make my point clear; please do what you love, not what you "have to" - and take your time with your family and friends.You are a very highly respected person in my life, and we will always remember you as a great man with a tremendous character and strength. Sadly, I will probably never meet you in person.Words can never express feelings in a perfect way, however. I wish we could be there with you now.Sincerely,David Vuorio

Rich,I like so many others, I have never met you in person and I believe in miracles. It must be getting harder and harder for you to keep believing so we'lll do it for you. You and your family are in my prayers and I'm also sending you thoughts of STRENGTH.You continue to be a huge inspiration to the human spirit.Love and strength,Peter