Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javier

FS-IMPORT

Hi, there.Thanks for your interest in FSI. You can see by the taxiways that they are the default Fly! ones - they have YELLOW EDGE LINES.The README mentions a few things about troubleshooting. The main problem that FSI has is to synchronise runways, taxiways and models.If the FS scenery has no runways then it cannot update the Fly! databases. If the FS scenery has runway info then FSI has a better chance. Look for "database things" that it found for tile XXX ZZZ in the file in the FS_IMPDBDXXXZZZ.TXT folder. Also make sure that you do not have taxiway files in the Fly! DATA folder (MMMX.BGR/TMS) or in some POD files. I suppose a better reporting system would (will?)help to detect what why the synchronisation has failed.Check out your newer FS sceneries, maye it has sync stuff ?Once again, please do not upload converted sceneries, for many reasons.It is better to wait for newer releases of FSI and use its benefits and accept its weaknesses. Keep on trying.Thanks,podjoe.

Anyone gotten Bill Molony's Atlanta scenery to work? His taxiway signs and buildings for Hartsfield Airport worked fine, but the buildings for downtown Atlanta do not show up. This scnerey is nested in several folders and does use some shared files, but I am not sure how to get it to appear in Fly!II. Any suggestions?

>How is it with the copyright? Is it no problem as long as the >source scenery is freeware?Generally payware has no greater copyrights than freeware. If its infringement on payware its probably infringement on freeware too.It might be best to get permission from the original author before making the conversion available for download. I'm sure 95% of freeware authors would not mind at all.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

>I know there >is a better product just released for MSFS 2002 that will >have better models, better performance and a more accurate >placement of objects Javier,Are you talking about the "Escenarios Mexico 2002" from VANS Aircraft in Mexico City ? I am thinking of buying it. Is it a good product ?Michael J.

Guest Bjorn

Here is 2 screenshoots from ESMS (Malm

Guest Dean

What a great program! I just tried it out on my PURCHASED Simflyer's DFW and EWR and they look great! Their still the same frame rate killers they are in FS2002 but they look great. I may have to go buy a few more Simflyer's airports just to put them in fly II!Padraic,I notice all the pods go into the shared folder. As this grows is there a potential problem with too much being loaded at startup? Was there a reason to not use .scf files and put the pods in a different directory?

Guest Javier

Hi! Michael, for what I have read and the input I have from other fellow simmers that DO use it ( I don't have it) it is great, there is also another from FLYMEX Mexican Airports 2 ( it was on the news ticker at AVSIM front page last week I think )I am planning to buy both - not at the same time - so if you can wait until December I can give you more feedback and tell you in my opinion which one is better.Regards.Javier.PS: Good to see you back here!

Guest Javier

Or.. you can just download wbglzip.zip and it will include all the necesary BLGZIP files for FSI to work. You will not need to install nothing and what it is more important your registry will be intact.Just download WBGLZIP.ZIP , browse the zip file and extract the BGLZIP files on whatever folder you want to, then tell FSI where the BGLZIP.EXE file is and that's it!Regards.Javier.PS: THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU... PADRIC!!

I went to some spanish-speaking flight sim forum attanded mostly by fliers from Mexico - they told me FlyMex is BAD !!! Poor support, poor frame rates, sloppy job on airports, etc. But VANS is charging a lot of $$$ for shipment. I told them thank you very much. Instead some Mexican pilot who flies Citation to the US promised to get Escenarios for me and ship it to my home from San Antonio, Tx.Michael J.

Sure, it's easyer !! :-lolThanks for the tip.Yves, simvol.

Padriac,THANK YOU for this great program!!!!Was wondering if it's possible to convert any of the stock airports, say Chicago O'hare.Also, how do you convert an airport that is in a tile that contains multiple airports? Example - I've converted my SimFlyers KEWR but I also have LGA2002 (which is in the same tile as KEWR). When I attempt to convert LGA2002 it only recognizes KEWR.Regards,Bob Lyddy

Guest Fly II Pilot

Javier:That IS much easier. I thought you needed to have BGLZIP already installed to be able to use WBGLZIP but I just downloaded it and, sure enough, BGLZIP.exe is right there...I wish I had known that earlier... ;-)Thanks!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CT

Thousands new airports in Fly! II today!! :-)Amazing!!Thousand thanks Padraic!I couldn't believe such a thing was possible without trying myself...Samedan (LSZS) from Andreas Hegi!Pascal

Javier,I have 2002 on my hard drive and I've searched Avsim library but cannot find wbglzip.zip ? Where can I find it?Cheers,Roger

Rodger I just dowloaded, just look in the library under FS2000 Keyword: Wbgl File. rgdsCesar/Venezuela