Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javier

FS-IMPORT

Guest chezz

everybody is excited about this new utility from P. Morgan,,,i suggest let start sending our token to P. Morgan for this wonderful FLY2 utility,,,what do you think? ;) chrisrpll

Guest Javier

I Agree, information is on the TXT file, if you have a problem sending your "Token" you can always contact Padriac ( again.. info is on the TXT file)We all want this great utility to be available from now on, with new features and updates, that will only happen if:1) We don't do anything stupid, like missusing the FSI i.e. uploading CopyRight Scenery in either way FULL OR PARTIAL, remember that copyright Scenery contains Copyright MODELS as well, don't even try it. Let's keep an eye on that.2) We send our contribution or "Token", whatever you can afford send it, the more the better.3) Feedback, positive, error messages, situations, sugestions, etc.My 2 cents. ( not for you Podjoe.. for this topic only ;))

Thanks Rich,Thank also for your support on the copyright issue.I saw this SHARED folder concern recently and have since made a version which does not use the shared folder but creates a new scenery folder per tile and uses an SCF to load the POD. It still uses the fs_scnry.dll loader, with FPS monitor, to acually display the models. I am still monitoring this forum to see if there are any more problems/ideas and I will release the new version when things seem stable. The use of the SHARED folder will be hitting FPS as it consume the RAM (own goal).As I mentioned in the README FSI is based on a per tile conversion for many reasons. If I now create a new scenery folder per converted tile then it maybe becomes difficult to allow existing sceneries "through" since the coverage and loading ranges will overlap. I will try to test this myself, as maybe both POD will be loaded. To solve one problem may create another.The two main reasons for the fs_scnry.dll loader are (1) to prevent uploading etc (2) to attempt FPS monioring (ignoring the "own goal" due to the SHARED issue). I do not want to use the SCENERY.S?? indices.A dedicated streamlined Fly! scenery might work well on the designers PC. However there are hundreds of different configutrations Fly!ing out there - PC speeds, graphic cards, graphic and system RAM, INIs, ground tiles, selected aircraft, CLOUDS!!!, other DLLs, scripts, ..... How can the designer satisfy ALL (or most) of these differing environments. The FPS monitor, when it works, is my attempt to work around this problem.Thanks you all for your remarks and support.Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest Javier

Padriac:"I don't want to use the Scenery.S??"Does that means we will not be able to add Dynamic Models into the converted sceneries? :-(I was already thinking on "moving" converted vehicles ( there are some nice ones there )

Guest Javier

Here are some shots from my Imported Scenery... MMMX ( Mexico City ) this is an old Scenery from 2000, I know there is a better product just released for MSFS 2002 that will have better models, better performance and a more accurate placement of objectsSome shots will show you the WTC, the Torre Latino Americana and the Plaza de Toros Monumental ( The Bull Ring ) Some Pics don't look too good due to compression used for posting.This Scenery was "created" / imported in minutes! ( maybe 20 min ) Oh Boy! I am so happy, I think I will not sleep tonight.. it is 2:30am and I gotta work at 7:00amPS: Please be aware that this is not the best scenery for that area, the same company that did this MSFS add-on just released a much improved version for MSFS 2002. These shots are just to give you a quick idea of what is possible.Regards.Javier