Sign in to follow this  

Clouds in FLY2

Hi folks,Using FlyStart we can choose the colors of the skies.I would like to have a specific type of clouds when I start FLY.In FLY I can adjust the clouds in the clouds-menu , but when Irestart FLY my clouds are gone and I have to make them again.Is there a file wich I can edit to have the clouds I want at startup?If anyone knows how , please tell me ?Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Josve

You can have several different types of skies when you use the Flystart utility.I have a few render ini I use and the filenames are gf3.ren,pmdg.ren etc.Here is what is stated in the Readme file.....which nobody reads.....Replacement files for the SKIES.INI file should be named with a SKY extension.For example, if a file MYBLUE.SKY was selected, it would overwrite the SKIES.INI file before the Fly2 startup.As an example, say that you created the following files: TYPE1.SKY, TYPE2.SKY,and TYPE3.SKY. The program would list these files as optional SKIES.INI files.If you selected TYPE2.SKY, it would be copied over SKIES.INI before the Fly2 application was started.Replacement files for the RENDER.INI file should be named with a REN extension.Sample files would be: PMDG.REN, NYC.REN, HIRES.REN, etc.The CAMERA.SAV file contains user-defined camera settings for the function keys F1..F8. This file may not exist if you have never setup the function key mappings in Fly2. Replacement files for the CAMERA.SAV file should be named with a CAM extension (i.e. MYCAMERA.CAM, PILATUS.CAM, BELL407.CAM).You will find the SKIES.INI, RENDER.INI, and CAMERA.SAV files in the Fly2 SYSTEM subfolder. Your replacement files should go here also.Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/zone.jpg ][/div

Hi Johnny,Thanks for your reply.But, excusme for saying ,the things you told me ,I did know already.My question is about CLOUDS not SKIES.With FLYSTART we can choose different sky-colorings.I use FLYSTART often but the SKIES.INI, RENDER.INI, and CAMERA.SAV-files do not make clouds.I am looking for a way to preset the cloud-height and the actual sizeof the clouds ,just the way we do in the cloud-menu.Using FLYSTART`s skies option gives different sky-colors but thetype and shape of the clouds do not change.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Josve

Thats what I ment.I thought you wanted to use the Flystart utility for this....Since Fly2 doesn't load any weather at startup,at least not at default,and the Flystart utility doesn't have an option for the cloud setting,you have to either create a metar file with your desired clouds and load that every time you start Fly2,or set the clouds manually.I do the last :) I usually load the Biiiiig mamas!Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/zone.jpg ][/div

Hallo Jonny once again.>>Since Fly2 doesn't load any weather at startup<< you wrote.I think it is a littlebit complicated , in fact it does.FLY2 loads weather (clouds ) at startup .Starting out of the Flightplanner at different airports givesdifferent cloud-configurations.(after a fresh Fly2 startup without importing Metar)So I think FLY2 creates weather for these airports.Maybe it`s just randomising ( by fly2.exe ).This weird random stuff makes birds as well, but there is a way to getmore birds.I was thinking, when we can have more birds we might have more clouds too.It would be nice to get grip on this.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

I think we all want Sky!2...But How In The World is that gonna happen?John IvanENHD