Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milio_B

CHECKED DMA BOX, NOW NO MORE ATC STUTTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently switched FS2002 to My D drive with nothing on it.(40gig)when i ran FS2002 it loaded so fast I couldn't believe it. So I thought it was just because it is a 10000RPM drive. So I ran a couple of test and found out the original drive it was installed to didn't have the DMA box checked under the Disk Drive properties. To make a long story short I see now that there is ATC stutters without DMA, and no ATC stutters with DMA. I was just about to toss My SBLIVE card.My specsAMD 1300 T-Bird512mb PC133GF2 mx 400SB Live (value)

Guest Milio_B

Can't seem to find the DMA settng on Win XP....Any idea of where it could be? Thanx! :(

Guest Smiley

Not sure where it is on XP, but in 98 it's in System Properties/Devices/Hard Disk/settings.

Yea, anybody know were this would be on WinXP?

Eric 

Guest Milio_B

Found it-Go to Device Manager, select IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, then select the one your HD is in (usually primary) and there you can seletc DMA. Although it's selected by default I think.

Has anyone else tried it, is it working for you? By the way i should of said tis earlier, I am running Win Me.Happy flying

Guest Milio_B

Yes it does work.I think it's enabled by default in most cases, but if it isn't, unless Windows tells you there's a proble, you should be fine running it.