Sign in to follow this  

FS-IMPORT TUTORIAL

Guest chezz

I've tried using FS-Import and tried following the steps in the Readme file but I can't generate or convert a single scenery. Perhaps someone can make a step-by step tutorial (with screenshots)for both MSFS & non-MSFS owners. Thanks.chrisrpll

Yes, a step-by-step tutorial would be great. Also some explanation of the "report.txt" might be helpful. I haven't been able to generate an airport yet either. The dos screens go by so fast I can't tell what's happening and looking at the report.txt the program seems not to be finding the database (for Fly!2?). Some hints on how to interpret report.txt might help some of us get this exciting resourse on track (and end the drooling).Below is my most recent report.txt if anyone can interpret.Thanks,Don© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01epdops.exe -scbuild.scr -ls backupsystemRUNWAY.podTIME= 0.010 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01epdops.exe -scbuild.scr -uz backupsystemRUNWAY.podTIME= 0.650 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01dbxops.exe -we -mx3000:10000.0 -mtdbd*.txt databaseRUNWAY.dbdFound= 0, not found= 0, total= 0TIME= 0.130 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01epdops.exe -scbuild.scr -po3 -zp . fs_imp_database_RUNWAY RUNWAY.podTIME= 0.660 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01epdops.exe -scbuild.scr -ls backupsystemILS.podTIME= 0.010 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01epdops.exe -scbuild.scr -uz backupsystemILS.podTIME= 0.220 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01dbxops.exe -we -mx3000:10000.0 -mtdbd*.txt databaseILS.dbdFound= 0, not found= 0, total= 0TIME= 0.050 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01epdops.exe -scbuild.scr -po3 -zp . fs_imp_database_ILS ILS.podTIME= 0.200 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01epdops.exe -scbuild.scr -ls backupsystemNAVAID.podTIME= 0.010 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01epdops.exe -scbuild.scr -uz backupsystemNAVAID.podTIME= 0.390 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01dbxops.exe -we -mx3000:10000.0 -mtdbd*.txt databaseNAVAID.dbdFound= 0, not found= 0, total= 0TIME= 0.210 sec© 2002 Padraic Morgan, padraic_morgan@yahoo.ie, v1.01epdops.exe -scbuild.scr -po3 -zp . fs_imp_database_NAVAID NAVAID.podTIME= 0.350 sec

Guest Fly II Pilot

Don:Could you please post your scenery.cfg?Thanks,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CT

Alejandro,Sure, here it is. The areas I've been trying to work from are at the bottom -- 132, 133, and 134. (That's curious, the headers for each section are in bracketts and don't show up even though pasted into the message. Anway the areas are all numbered beginning with: General, Area.001, Area.002......on to Area.134.)Thanks,Don[General]Title=FS2002 World SceneryDescription=FS2002 Scenery DataClean_on_Exit=TRUECache_Size=512000K[Area.001]Title=Default TerrainTexture_ID=1Active=TRUELayer=1Required=TRUERemote=Local=scenedbworld[Area.002]Title=Default SceneryLocal=SceneryActive=TRUELayer=10Required=TRUERemote=[Area.003]Title=Airport and Facilities DataLocal=scenedbafdfilesActive=TRUELayer=11Required=TRUERemote=[Area.004]Title=Additional Facility DataLocal=scenedbATCActive=TRUELayer=12Required=TRUERemote=[Area.005]Title=Central AfricaActive=TRUELayer=13Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemafricac[Area.006]Title=Eastern AfricaActive=TRUELayer=14Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemafricae[Area.007]Title=Southern AfricaActive=TRUELayer=15Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemafricas[Area.008]Title=Eastern AlaskaActive=TRUELayer=16Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemalaskae[Area.009]Title=Western AlaskaActive=TRUELayer=17Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemalaskaw[Area.010]Title=AntarcticActive=TRUELayer=18Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemaarctic[Area.011]Title=ArcticActive=TRUELayer=19Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemarctic[Area.012]Title=Central AsiaActive=TRUELayer=20Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemasiac[Area.013]Title=Eastern AustraliaActive=TRUELayer=21Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemauste[Area.014]Title=Western AustraliaActive=TRUELayer=22Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemaustw[Area.015]Title=The AzoresActive=TRUELayer=23Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemazores[Area.016]Title=Central AmericaActive=TRUELayer=24Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcamerica[Area.017]Title=Central CanadaActive=TRUELayer=25Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcanc[Area.018]Title=Eastern CanadaActive=TRUELayer=26Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcane[Area.019]Title=Northeastern CanadaActive=TRUELayer=28Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcanne[Area.020]Title=Northwestern CanadaActive=TRUELayer=27Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcannw[Area.021]Title=Western CanadaActive=TRUELayer=29Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcanw[Area.022]Title=CaribbeanActive=TRUELayer=30Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcarib[Area.023]Title=ChinaActive=TRUELayer=31Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemchina[Area.024]Title=Eastern PacificActive=TRUELayer=32Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemepac[Area.025]Title=Northwestern EuropeActive=TRUELayer=33Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemeurnw[Area.026]Title=Southwestern EuropeActive=TRUELayer=34Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemeursw[Area.027]Title=Western GreenlandActive=TRUELayer=35Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemgrnlnd[Area.028]Title=Eastern GreenlandActive=TRUELayer=36Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemgrnlnde[Area.029]Title=IcelandActive=TRUELayer=37Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemicelnd[Area.030]Title=IndiaActive=TRUELayer=38Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemindia[Area.031]Title=IrkutskActive=TRUELayer=39Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemirkutsk[Area.032]Title=JapanActive=TRUELayer=40Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemjapan[Area.033]Title=KamchatkaActive=TRUELayer=41Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemkamchat[Area.034]Title=MadagascarActive=TRUELayer=42Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemmadagas[Area.035]Title=The MideastActive=TRUELayer=43Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemmideast[Area.036]Title=New ZealandActive=TRUELayer=44Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemnewz[Area.037]Title=Eastern RussiaActive=TRUELayer=45Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemrussiae[Area.038]Title=Western RussiaActive=TRUELayer=46Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemrussiaw[Area.039]Title=SiberiaActive=TRUELayer=47Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemsiberia[Area.040]Title=The SaharaActive=TRUELayer=48Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemsahara[Area.041]Title=Eastern South AmericaActive=TRUELayer=49Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemsamee[Area.042]Title=Western South AmericaActive=TRUELayer=50Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemsamew[Area.043]Title=Southern South AmericaActive=TRUELayer=51Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemsames[Area.044]Title=ScandinaviaActive=TRUELayer=52Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemscand[Area.045]Title=Southeast AsiaActive=TRUELayer=53Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemseasia[Area.046]Title=Southeast PacificActive=TRUELayer=54Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemsepac[Area.047]Title=Southwest PacificActive=TRUELayer=55Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemswpac[Area.048]Title=Western PacificActive=TRUELayer=56Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemwpac[Area.049]Title=YakutskActive=TRUELayer=57Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemyakutsk[Area.050]Title=North Central USActive=TRUELayer=58Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemusnc[Area.051]Title=Northwestern USActive=TRUELayer=59Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemusnw[Area.052]Title=South Central USActive=TRUELayer=60Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemussc[Area.053]Title=Southwestern USActive=TRUELayer=61Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemussw[Area.054]Title=Northeastern USActive=TRUELayer=62Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemusne[Area.055]Title=Southeastern USActive=TRUELayer=63Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemusse[Area.056]Title=US Great Lakes RegionActive=TRUELayer=64Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemusgl[Area.057]Title=HawaiiActive=TRUELayer=65Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemhawaii[Area.058]Title=Hong KongActive=TRUELayer=68Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitieshongkong[Area.059]Title=ChicagoActive=TRUELayer=69Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitieschicago[Area.060]Title=TokyoActive=TRUELayer=70Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiestokyo[Area.061]Title=SeattleActive=TRUELayer=71Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesseattle[Area.062]Title=San FranciscoActive=TRUELayer=72Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiessanfran[Area.063]Title=RomeActive=TRUELayer=73Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesrome[Area.064]Title=ParisActive=TRUELayer=74Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesparis[Area.065]Title=LondonActive=TRUELayer=75Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitieslondon[Area.066]Title=New YorkActive=TRUELayer=76Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesnewyork[Area.067]Title=Los AngelesActive=TRUELayer=77Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesla[Area.068]Title=Washington, DCActive=TRUELayer=78Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesdc[Area.069]Title=BostonActive=TRUELayer=79Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesboston[Area.070]Title=BerlinActive=TRUELayer=80Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesberlin[Area.071]Title=AnchorageActive=TRUELayer=81Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesanchor[Area.072]Title=AtlantaActive=TRUELayer=82Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesatlanta[Area.073]Title=Las VegasActive=TRUELayer=83Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitieslasvegas[Area.074]Title=HeathrowActive=TRUELayer=84Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesheathrow[Area.075]Title=AnaheimRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=85Local=scenedbcitiesanaheim[Area.076]Title=AthensRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=86Local=scenedbcitiesathens[Area.077]Title=BaltimoreRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=87Local=scenedbcitiesbaltim[Area.078]Title=BeijingRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=88Local=scenedbcitiesbeijing[Area.079]Title=CairoRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=89Local=scenedbcitiescairo[Area.080]Title=CharlotteRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=90Local=scenedbcitiescharlott[Area.081]Title=CincinnatiRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=91Local=scenedbcitiescincinn[Area.082]Title=ClevelandRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=92Local=scenedbcitiesclevela[Area.083]Title=DallasRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=93Local=scenedbcitiesdallas[Area.084]Title=DenverRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=94Local=scenedbcitiesdenver[Area.085]Title=DetroitRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=95Local=scenedbcitiesdetroit[Area.086]Title=FrankfurtRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=96Local=scenedbcitiesfrankf[Area.087]Title=HonoluluRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=97Local=scenedbcitieshonolulu[Area.088]Title=HoustonRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=98Local=scenedbcitieshouston[Area.089]Title=IndianapolisRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=99Local=scenedbcitiesindianap[Area.090]Title=JerusalemRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=100Local=scenedbcitiesjerusa[Area.091]Title=Kansas CityRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=101Local=scenedbcitieskansasc[Area.092]Title=KnoxvilleRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=102Local=scenedbcitiesknoxvil[Area.093]Title=Kuala LumpurRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=103Local=scenedbcitieskualalum[Area.094]Title=MemphisRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=104Local=scenedbcitiesmemphis[Area.095]Title=Mexico CityRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=105Local=scenedbcitiesmexicoc[Area.096]Title=MiamiRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=106Local=scenedbcitiesmiami[Area.097]Title=MinneapolisRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=107Local=scenedbcitiesminneap[Area.098]Title=MontrealRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=108Local=scenedbcitiesmontreal[Area.099]Title=MoscowRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=109Local=scenedbcitiesmoscow[Area.100]Title=MunichRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=110Local=scenedbcitiesmunich[Area.101]Title=New OrleansRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=111Local=scenedbcitiesneworl[Area.102]Title=OaklandRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=112Local=scenedbcitiesoakland[Area.103]Title=OrlandoRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=113Local=scenedbcitiesorlando[Area.104]Title=PhiladelphiaRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=114Local=scenedbcitiesphiladel[Area.105]Title=PhoenixRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=115Local=scenedbcitiesphoenix[Area.106]Title=PittsburghRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=116Local=scenedbcitiespittsbur[Area.107]Title=PortlandRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=117Local=scenedbcitiesportland[Area.108]Title=Salt Lake CityRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=118Local=scenedbcitiessaltlake[Area.109]Title=San AntonioRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=119Local=scenedbcitiessananton[Area.110]Title=San DiegoRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=120Local=scenedbcitiessandiego[Area.111]Title=St. LouisRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=121Local=scenedbcitiesstlouis[Area.112]Title=SydneyRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=122Local=scenedbcitiessydney[Area.113]Title=TampaRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=123Local=scenedbcitiestampa[Area.114]Title=TorontoRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=124Local=scenedbcitiestoronto[Area.115]Title=VancouverRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=125Local=scenedbcitiesvancouv[Area.116]Title=Airport LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=127Required=TRUELocal=scenedbasoRemote=[Area.117]Title=Generic LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=128Required=TRUERemote=Local=scenedbgenericgeneric[Area.118]Title=Vehicle LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=129Required=TRUERemote=Local=scenedbvehiclesvehicles[Area.119]Title=LandmarksActive=TRUELayer=130Required=TRUERemote=Local=scenedbcitieslandmark[Area.120]Title=Propeller ObjectsActive=TRUELayer=131Required=TRUELocal=scenedbpropsRemote=[Area.121]Title=Addon SceneryLocal=Addon SceneryActive=TRUELayer=132Required=FALSERemote=[Cache.000]Title=Default Texture CacheLocal=textureRemote=scenedbtextureActive=FALSE[Area.124]Title=Lake Tahoe MeshLocal=sceneryLake TahoeRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=8[Area.128]Title=Riverside MeshLocal=sceneryRiversideRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=4[Area.127]Title=Los Angeles MeshLocal=sceneryLos AngelesRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=5[Area.126]Title=San Diego MeshLocal=scenerySan DiegoRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=6[Area.129]Title=British Columbia MeshLocal=sceneryBritish ColumbiaRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=7[Area.125]Title=San Francisco MeshLocal=Remote=C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002scenerySan FranciscoActive=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=9[Area.130]Title=New Zealand MeshLocal=sceneryNew ZealandRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=2[Area.131]Title=Hawaii MeshLocal=sceneryHawaiiRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=3[Area.132]Title=hiloLocal=SCENEDBCities AddedhiloRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=67Exclude=N19 43.,W155 2.63,N19 42.88,W155 2.23,all[Area.133]Title=konaLocal=SCENEDBCities AddedkonaRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=66Exclude=N19 44.31,W156 2.55,N19 44.12,W156 2.42,all[Area.134]Title=MSPLocal=SCENEDBCities AddedMSPRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=126Exclude=N44 53.72,W93 14.31,N44 52.31,W93 11.76,all

Guest Fly II Pilot

Don:I think the reason why the Area.*** between the brackets disappears is beceause the message system is interpreting it as HTML. But that's fine, I get the idea.Number 132 doesn't seem to be pointing to any scenery and I couldn't find 133 nor 134.I don't have MSFS so I'm not sure if I'm correct but it seems to me that you're trying to import some default sceneries and FS_IMP will not do this. Based on the original readme (again, I don't have MSFS), added sceneries go into a Scenery folder, not a Scenedb folder.Where is your scenery.cfg file located?Did you download the sceneries that you're trying to convert or were they included in the MSFS installation disks? If you downloaded them, didn't you have to put them in a Scenery folder? If not, do you have a Scenery folder? If so, is there a scenery.cfg file in there? If so, could you also post that one?Thanks,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Paul Brooks

HiI think that your problem is more likely to be in the fs imp.txt part.If you look at the lines in the box you will notice half way down a line saying: C:FS ADD-ONs?????textures (this assumes you have FS Import on C drive in a folder called FS ADD_ONs).Where I have put the ????? should be the name of the folder containing the textures and scenery file for your airport making sure that the.bgl file is in the scenery folder within the airport folder.I hope this helps as I had exactly the same problem.Paul

Guest chezz

I'm getting somehow frustrated I cant's still convert scenery here's the step I made and have the same report as Don has.chrisFOLDERS created D:/FSADDON (Main Folder)- SCENERY (sub

Guest Paul Brooks

Hi,I think that you problem is in the fs imp.txt box.If you highlight this part the box on the right shows a list. About halfway down there is a line: C:FS ADD-ONs?????textures.This assuming that you have FS Imp on drive C: in a folder named FS ADD-ONs. The ????? part is the name of the folder containing your airport. Within that airport folder are or should be two folders, one containing the textures used called "textures" and one called "scenery" containing the .bgl file.I think that the problem is that you have to tell fs imp where the files are that it needs to generate the airport scenery.I hope this helps as I had exactly the same problem.Example of making scenery for Leeds Bradford (in the UK) CFS ADD-ONsleedsv1texturesscenery cfg file: [Area 068] Title=Leeds Bradford Local=C:FS ADD-Onsleedsv1 Active=True Layer=68In the airport box in fs-imp type EGNM (leeds Bradford)The in the Area start box type 68 and the generate.If you go to the avsim library and get the leedsv1 folder from fs2000 scenery perhaps you could give it a try and see how you get on.Paul

Guest chezz

Hi Paul,Still unsuccessful perhaps I have to wait for version 2 it might be more user friendly.here's what i did...chrisFs_impt.txt 64 256;list of BGLs to be excluded/ignored D:FSAdd0nSceneryxxxtexture D:FSAdd0nScenery;list of texture folders (relative to FS_IMPART) ...;FSI generic textures ...D:FSAdd0nScenerylgbtexture;other common texture folders (for eample VOD AFD NOVA) c:somewhere (what is this? Do I need to fill this -up) D:FSAdd0nSceneryxxxtexture D:FSAdd0nscenery.cfg.txt 00fd0b75scenery.cfg.txt[Area.067]Title=xxxxxxLocal=D:FSAdd0nScenerySCENEDBxxxRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=067Exclude=N123.0,W118 10.0,N33 48.2,N123 8.0,objectsFlatten.0=57,N123 50.0,W118 10.,N33 50.0,W123 8.,N33 48.2,W123 8.0,N33 48.2,W118 10.0

Guest chezz

after some few more attempts and checking the addon paths...voila!thanks paul for the tips and to P. Morgan for the FSIchrisrpll:-jumpy

Hey mine worked too!Thanks Alejandro and Paul for the tips. I'd been installing my addon scenery in the SCENEDB folder for FS2K2. Once I moved them to the ADDON SCENERY folder the FSI recognized the path and worked perfectly. Here's a few screenshots of Bill Melichar's wonderful scenery for Kona Intl at Keahole, Hawaii.Don

If anyone is still scratching their head on this, I believe I fixed my problems after following Paul Brooks' suggestion to set the Local path to a complete path to the scenery. Previously, my path was relative to my FSAddons directory (I had it set to Local=SceneryLGB). Changing it to Local=c:fsaddonsSceneryLGB worked for me! Thanks Paul.