Sign in to follow this  

Want more disk space?

OMG!!! Thats BAD advice. I used system restorejust a week ago to save my a$$ after installing anincorrect sound card driver in the hunt for moreFPS for FS2002. The new one created an IRQ conflictand it would have been very, very hard to fix withoutthat feature in safety mode.I dont use system restore very often, but when I have,it has saved me big time. Im not deleting that!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest Milio_B

I wish I could just edit what I said in the first place :(than again, if you always have to use system restore because for whatever reason, it means either your comp isn't working very well or you're not being very "nice" to it.

Oh, I agree. I normally just uninstall stuff the normalway. But, having system restore for drivers etc is great.Like I said...its saved my butt a couple of times thatwould otherwise have lead to a system reinstall or closeto it.A major headache saver.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

AllI stand by what I first said - if you're using XP, it makes far more sense to turn off System restore and use the Automated System Recovery. Get the system stable how you want it and then run ASR. On my laptop's 20GB disk with Photoshop, Illustrator, Office XP Pro and a whole load of other stuff, it creates a single 1.4GB file which I can put on any partition or drive that I like, and a single floppy to initialise it when things go pair-shaped. It is a very simple procedure and WILL save your bacon at some time. It also won't use any resources other than for the 15-30 minutes that it's actually executed.It's great, it's easy and it is under your complete control. Why have numerous restore points when a single reliable one will do?Cheap disks might be 10-a-penny, but if they fail and you've not got a reliable backup to another or removable media, you're screwed however you choose to restore.Hope this helpsBest regards//Neil