Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

Screenies - Sunday Night's METAR in NYC

I feel I'm addicted to flying in lousy weather at dusk. Here are some shots from a short hop between LaGuardia and Essex County in the Cessna 172 Trainer. Weather is 17 Nov 2002 23z (18:00 in New York).-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest chezz

great shots David. I like flying at dusk too..there's some kind of feeling fying this time of the ay.chrisrpll

Beautiful. They really invoke a mood. I know how you feel, I'm addicted to flying through the Rocky Mountains at dusk in heavy rain. I definitely think these pics are screenshot forum worthy...you should post them.

Very nice Dave. May I ask what cloud add-ons are you using?Qdog

Sunday was an interesting day in the northeast. I was on a real flight (American 468) from DFW to BDL and arrived in Hartford at 1 pm. Conditions were about 3/4 mile with an 800 foot ceiling, temp 33 degrees with a light NE wind and rain/sleet showers. On the approach which takes us over Islip we got between two layers. Since I know the approach is for crossing Islip at 11,000 feet I estimated the top layer starting at about 14,000 feet and the top of the bottom layer at about 7,000 ft. When I actually got home I immediately downloaded the relevant METAR. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet on the sim, but should be fun.

Jure's Big Mammas. -DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Be my guest in linking to another post in the forum. I'm working from home a bit this week and it would take a long time to re-post....-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v30.82, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.