Sign in to follow this  

UK Birmingham FS show

Guest andrewluck

The UK RC Simulations show is nearly upon us again (next Saturday). Anyone else here planning on attending?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

AndrewSorry I would have liked to go, but 'family business'will keep me away.By the way I've been trying to upload Paul Brook's 4 part UK North West scenery, as you can see from today's library post I actually only managed to get his 'Manchester Woodhead'(approach into Manachester EGCC) but the other's are coming.They are big files.His 'North Wales' is really great, photo realistic scenery covering the complete 'top of Wales', that's all the Snowdon bit of course and weighs in at 234 Meg.Hope all you 'UK Fly!ers' can download his great stuff OK.DaveT

Guest andrewluck

DaveSorry you can't be there. Would've been good to meet up.234Meg, hhmmm, that's going to take a while on ISDN. No broadband here. Looks like I'll have to visit someone with a T3 and a CD-Writer .Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Hi Andrew :-waveI may be their, it all rests on how my father in law is, as he has had multiple strokes. If he stays as he is all should be OK. Look out for me... You never know

Guest andrewluck

StevieHope that things are OK and you can make it. I'll put my Avsim badge on. If you leave that helmet on then I'll recognise you :-). The Prowler perched on your shoulder should help as well :-lol I'm looking to meet up with the Flight Adventures bunch as well. Should be a good bash. Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest pilotsim7828

Hi All; If I could ask, Is there any way that you could give me the links to down load this 4 Part Scenery Pack. Thanks Jeff Akins Fort Worth, Texas. U.S.jaakins@charter.net:-)

Guest pilotsim7828

Never MInd , Found It. Thanks , Good Work

Guest pilotsim7828

Problem : It took me 1 1/2 Hours to download all files at110.0 kb /per second Using lan (cable) Installed : Cant load texture Datad254172977f9604RAW Keeps crashing to desktop after takeoff Is something missing? Jeff Akins aka;pilotsim7828 jaakins@charter.net:-hmmm

Hi JeffI'll do a a new post to answer your question.Check for 'UK North West photo scenery update'post.DaveT

He heI may be with my wife and little girl, I cant believe she wants to come with me...oh yes...she saw my visa twitching...Steve Brown

Guest andrewluck

SteveOK. When you want to burn the plastic tip me a nod and I'll distract them :-).Not expecting to see anything Fly! related there but it's always useful keeping an eye on what the other half is up to. Got to get you started with Vatsim as well. They'll be there in force.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Misfortune came my way and I was unable to go to the show. Once more I didnt go because...no, no, Im too ashamed to tell (wifey= he didnt get up til 12:00)OK I will tell, I was up all night converting everything and anything I could with fs imp.(wifey= thats why he didnt get up til 12:00)I was then abducted by aliens... (wifey= while he was asleep?)And forced to tell all the dark secrets of the Fly II forum, and why most of us dont even know each other, yet we are all best of friends.One thing I do know is... if Aliens do come, we will want the first insight on what they fly dont give a damn what planet there from.Hick Hick...Six packs gone?Bye ByeOh sorry for not being there Andrew ;-)

Guest andrewluck

SteveOK. You'd have had a miserable trip anyway with the M6 southbound being closed. The other big problem this year was car parking. I got one of the last spaces at 09:45. The guys arriving later were stuck on the roundabout unable to get in. The Police threw a real fit as the entire junction was locked solid. They seriously need to look for a new venue.Apart from that I had a really good trip. Met lots of old faces, some new ones. In all seriousness, I saw more copies of Fly!2 (about 10) on the stands than I saw FS2002 (zero). Of course, when it came to addons FS2002 won hands down (but I did see a boxed copy of PMDGs 757 and 767 for Fly!).I'm interested in what you've successfully converted using FS Import. I've had real problems with those compressed texture files used in some sceneries. Let's start a new thread with what works well.Maybe next year.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Im slowly searching the net for the UK scenery and European scenery as I love to fly around europe and, some sites seem to have stuff I cant find on Avsim. Tho Avsim is the best (GROVEL)A QUESTIONI have the files to add Barton Aerodrome (Deximp) & the MS2002 scenery. Would it be wrong of me to upload these files so one could add the scenery with FS Imp?

Guest andrewluck

SteveCan't see a problem with the database files. As far as the MSFS scenery goes you'd have to check the licence that comes with the scenery to see if there are any restrictions on it. The libraries here are stuffed full of MSFS scenery files. All you'd be doing is adding to those.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH