Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Missing files

Hello all:Last evening, in an attempt to fly around the French countryside, I received the following three error messages, when attempting to fly into or out of the three airports associated with Paris:Can't load Texture DATAd00116700B21F1E4.RAW, DATAd00116700b220244.RAW, DATA00116700B21B5B4.RAW.Can someone email me the above files or point me to a place whereby I can obtain the missing files.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!The files can be emailed to me at j.henry@rdla.com.Curtis

Hi Curtis,It is a simple question.The answer is`nt.The files you ask for are not in my data folder.Nevertheless flying over Paris and surrounding airports gives no problem in my PC.The files you are looking for, must been hidden is a POD-file.The big question is wich one.Opening,extracting and checking all my pod-files could give the answerbut you understand that that`s not a realistic optionHave you been flying there before without problems ?If yes,what did you change afterwards?If not.............hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.Download the airports giving the troubles and reinstall them again.Download parisfix.zip (Simvol)and install.Look what happens.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Thank you Leen:For some reason, I thought that you would be the first one to respond to my problem. You are a good friend!!!!I agree, opening, extracting and checking all of your pod-files for the answer is not a realistic request on my part and I wouldn't ask you to do that. I thought that by some chance, someone would already have the files or they would be able to tell me or give me a link for obtaining the correct files that I am missing.To answer your question, I have never been able to fly into or out of any of the 3 Paris airports! From what you tell me, Simvol is the place to get the Paris airport files that I need. I can never get to their site. Would you be so kind as to give me the link?Thank you in advance for your help. I know that I can always count on Leen!!Your Fly!2 FRIEND,Curtis

Here you are,http://fly.simvol.org/I think I downloaded almost everything they have for FLY2.Without a fast-24 hrs-internet connection a few days work.But oohhhhh boy what a great stuff they make.Merci ROTWRegardsyour FLY-friend

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Colins2

Curtis,All I can do is to confirm that these 3 files are lo-res textures for tile 001:167.This tile contains the 3 Paris airports.You could use podview to look into the pod containing Paris and see if the files are there or not.There shouldn't be any way that they can be missing, or everyone would have the same problem.Colin

Hi Colin and Curtis,Colin is right.I extracted all raw-files from the Paris pod.( yes Curtis I did)3788 files 152mb.In the data/D001167 submap there they were.The Paris pod is`nt an add-on ,so they must also be in Curtis Paris -pod.I have expirienced something like this.With me FLY2 crashed over EHVB (Valkenburg-Holland) asking for annot readable fulltex3.rawMany hours later I found this file in the New York-pod.Extracted the file from the pod and placed the D00**** folderin the FLY2 data-folder.Started at EHVB again ,it crashed again asking for fulltex2.raw.You may guess what I did and this repeated itself four times.There are four fulltex.raw`s number 1 till number 4.Most likely Curtis had some changes in video hardware,software orsettings for the videocard , scenery detail or something like that.I had done many flights without any problems out of EHVB and the problem occurred after changing video-things.Why, I do not understand ,FLY2 should read it right out of the pod`s.When it does not , we have to help FLY a little:)Regardsps the files are in your leterbox Curtis

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Colins2

Leen,The fulltex files are the very lo-res 'distant' textures.I can't imagine what your distance view was like with fulltex files from a totally different area???That aside, I can't think of any reason why Fly! should not load them if they are in the pod. :-hmmmColin

Curtis, you could try editing the scf file under the sections load lower left and load upper right by adding/subtracting 1 degree to the load parameters. Unfortunately, I don't have the scenery you mentioned, so take this only as a suggestion. Editing the scf files has worked for me whenever I've had similar errors as yours with terrascened globe tiles.

>The fulltex files are the very lo-res 'distant' textures. >I can't imagine what your distance view was like with >fulltex files from a totally different area??? Yes Colin I agree with you , I did not use the correct fulltex.raw`s.The scenery looked good ,most likely I was lucky and the raw`s werea littlebit alike.The scenery of that part of the netherlands is the standard genericscenery , wich is`nt alike the real one anyhow , so it does not show.(but it soved the crashing problem)That not all the fulltex-files with the same name are alike is something I discovered later.I do not know much about globe-tiles and I have no idea were to look for the pod wich contains the information for the scenery aroundEHVB.Can you tell me in wich pod the D002171 should be?Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Just one thing.I made a mistake.I told you, I had te problem at EHVB thats wrong.The programm crashed asking for the fulltex.raw`s in folder D002171 at EHLE ( Lelystad ).SorryBye

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Colins2

Hi Leen,No, I can't tell you, for the following reason:When someone makes a pod, they normally name it something meaningful to themselves. The fact that it is a particular globe tile doesn't matter.When developing TerraShape I used to name all the pods, tgas etc. after the tile number so that I could keep track of what I was doing.However, these were just experiments and not for sharing.I don't believe that there are any fulltex files for the default scenery, unless they are created 'on the fly'.As far as I am aware, Fly! just reads the default coastlines and then applies the default textures to the ground tiles and displays them.Once you make a scenery pod Fly! reads that instead and applies it.The fulltex files are produced by the slicer at the end of it's process (if the box is ticked).The scenery will work OK without the fulltex files, but ONLY if they are not specified in the pod.Colin

Thank you Leen! I'm on my way there now!By the way: HAPPY BE-LATED BIRTHDAY!!! :-beerchugCurtis

Hello Colin and Leen:About two weeks ago, I did make some changes to my video card settings, (Nvidia Gf4 TI4400, 128Mb RAM card) and also updated to the lattest Nvidia video driver!Thank you both for your help. People like you two, (let's not forget Richard), are the one's that make Fly! such a success and joy.Leen, thank you very much for going through the trouble of extracting the 3788 files. It sounds like you and I have simular traits. Once we grab a hold of something, (problem, etc.) we don't let go until the problem is solved.I thank both of you again for your help.Curtis

Mark:Thank you for your suggestion, but I think Leen has solved my problem. He forwarded to me the three missing files that I listed. I'll load them onto my unit tonight and we'll see what happens. I realy think that Leen's files will solve my problem.Curtis

Once again hi Colin,>>I don't believe that there are any fulltex files for the default sceneryYou may be right , but flying over EHLE FLY2 crashed searching forthe fulltex.raw`s.This happened after changing video drivers and settings.Curtis told us , he had changed video-things too.There is no real scenery for this part of the netherlands so I do notunderstand why FLY2 crashes like this now you told me,that thegeneric scenery does no use fulltex.raw`s

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints