Sign in to follow this  

FSI Tutorial for those who has FS2002 installed

I did it!Tks Tonyc your info was really useful. I have one week trying to make this work finally is done, although still some problems that maybe can be fix in the future by Padriac, I found some object disappear depend of the view and of 7 scenery that I converted last night only two were really alignment to the taxiway others complete out of area, but no complain at all. Great utility for Fly2.This is what I did. This is only for people who has FS2002 or 2000 installed in their machine.-Just make sure that the add on scenery folder is in the fs2002 or other FS -Add new folder in the Add Scenery folder with the name of the airport. We gonna call this scenery Miamiexample: then add two new folder Scenery TextureThe path should be like thisC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002ADDON SCENERYMiamiscenerytextureDownload your prefer scenery from Avsim or other unzip and put following file:Inside the Scenery folder place all the .bgl filesInside the Texture put all files that are inside the texture folder, bmp etc..go the fs2002 main folder and look for the Scenery.Cfg file, open with notepad, go down the file and check the last area like thisArea.XXXTitle=xxxLocal=ADDON SCENERYxxxActive=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=xxxRemote=Make a copy of the last area and paste follow to the last area, If the last area was 122 just add new area 123 then the title with the name of the scenery that you just downloading Miami also in the local line the path addon scenery Miami and the layer with the same area.should look like this:Area.123Title=MiamiLocal=ADDON SCENERYMiamiActive=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=123Remote=The layer and the area should be the same. now save and go to FSI program.Don't forget to put the bracket in the areaDouble click on FSI and fill as followsSelected Tiles= click the airport that you want to convert this case Miamithen Tiles area should be appeared.Fill the AreaStart with The area of you make in the scenery.cfg. 123 right!Click 3d scenery/taxiway/database and yellow.Then the most important thing, FSI need to find the folder that you just create in FS2002.-Click Bglzip button follow the path and look for the BGL file that should be inside of Scenery folder of Miami and open, if that scenery has more that 2 or 3 .bgl select every bgl file, check in the window of FSI " Control Files" there should be like this C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002ADDON SCENERYMiamiscenery C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002ADDON SCENERYMiamiscenerytextureThen Click Scenery.cfg Buttonand again follow the path and look for the scenery config file in the Fs2002 main folder that was modified with new area 123 and click and openin the FSI the config file should be there. C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002scenery.cfg.Then FOLKS, simply press the "generate" button , and the rest is a peice of cake.I suppose that FSI is installed as per instruction of Padriac and you have Wbglzip file installed and of course the FS2002 or other FS.Very sorry for my Minus C plus in English writing.Hope this help, this my contribution to all like me were desperate to convert some fs area to Fly, although I still think that Terramodels is a excellent program to create airport.Cesar/Venezuela

I must be lucky, all my FS2002 scenery is in the 'FS2002 Scenery' directory (not 'Add-on'). I just check the are correctly installed in FS2002 by finding them with the usual FS2002'Scenery Library' dialogue.FS Import always gets them OK straight away,no altering the FS2002'scenery.cfg' or anything as long as the airfield exist in the Fly! databases OK of course. Just had one failure, that was a '2 part airfield' Blackbushe that came with Farnborough as well. Farnborough is a mess in Fly anyway, runways all wrong. I'll try again with it though.Wonderful program, oops said that a few times already in these pages, sorry.Dave T