Sign in to follow this  

Infometar problems

Guest DSandberg

Well, you've got at least a couple of stations there that are reporting various cloud layers. Assuming that one of those is the airport you are testing at, there's not much more that InfoMETAR can do to make clouds appear at those locations in Fly II.Fly II has been seen to have problems with METAR weather being "mixed" with global weather settings. Some people experience this while others don't. I suspect the area in which people like to fly has a lot to do with this, as the problem can be worse in areas with sparse METAR coverage (roughly, those areas which tend to have less than ten observations within a reasonable range). At the moment, about the only semi-reliable solution for this is to fly in areas with better METAR coverage.I've not heard of any fly.ini settings that could be affecting this one way or the other. (I don't run Fly II, so I couldn't send you my INI file anyway.)- David Sandberginfomsig.jpg

Thank you David,You explained it perfectly.I never blaimed Infometar for anything.The program works great.The only two to blaim are FLY2 and the NOAA server.Blaiming FLY2 is useless and blaiming the server doesn`t help either.(I ubsolutely love FLY2 ,it`s my favorit sim)The one to blaim is ME = Leen de JagerStupid Dutch ME.The one who deserves a complment is YOU , explaining endlesslyto me and other dabblers.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest DSandberg

> I never blaimed Infometar for anything.Of course. Just to be clear, I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone in this thread in particular ... it was more of a general observation about some common perceptions. (Well, except for the not-so-veiled reference to a certain Fly2K reviewer.)- David Sandberg[br][br]infomsig.jpg

Just to be clear David,I am not used to express myself in english and sometimes peopletake my words in a way I did not intent to.My last words to you were ment to be an excuse for the fact thatI did not understand the way Infometar works.This was not ment in a negative way.Sorry if gave the wrong impressionRegards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest DSandberg

By the way, now that the Fly II final patch has been released, at last I think I am at liberty to report that, with the new patch installed, you should generally have much better results in situations like the ones described in this thread. As part of my involvement* with the final patch, I rewrote a significant portion of Fly II's core interpolation selection routine in a way that should finally, once and for all, eliminate the "global weather mixing with METAR weather" problem that has plagued Fly II since the beginning. Other weather engine problems certainly remain in Fly II that we unfortunately didn't have an opportunity to get into, but at least this particular major bugaboo should now be resolved in most cases.Just make sure to always have the new "Clear existing weather" checkbox selected when you load a METAR cycle file. The only reasons to not have that checkbox checked (that I can think of) are if you want to load METARs simultaneously from more than one source file, or if for some reason you do want to intentionally mix existing in-sim weather with the contents of a METAR file.* Credit for this particular fix also of course goes to Richard Harvey (as if that needs saying), who (amongst all of his other tasks) built in all the support for the "clear existing weather" checkbox that was required by my code, and to RandallR, who gave these particular changes a series of serious workouts during the beta process, moreso than I or anyone else would have had the patience for.http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif